Seeing LaTeX files in Firefox

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Hendrik Maryns, Sep 4, 2006.

    Hendrik Maryns, Sep 4, 2006

  2. On 4-9-2006 11:40, Hendrik Maryns wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just read the following post in comp.text.tex, and there doesn’t seem
    > to be a definite answer:
    > .
    > Does anybody here have a better idea?
    >
    > I am also curious because I am trying to offer a tex script on my
    > web-site, and the annoying behaviour occurs even when I set the
    > type="text/plain" attribute of the link.

    There was a similar discussion on "mozilla.support.firefox":
    <http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.support.firefox/browse_frm/thread/ca9b29fda7527f98/3cd871b8544f1bf6?tvc=1#3cd871b8544f1bf6>

    I suggested the "Open In Browser" extension:
    <http://www.spasche.net/mozilla/>

    It extends the "Open With/Save to Disk" dialog with "Open In browser".
    Unfortunately it doesn't allow you to choose "Do this automatically for
    files like this from now on", so there's always a dialog popping up when
    you want to view such a file.
    --
    Regards,

    Roland