See Star Wars online! Free through telnet!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Walter Traprock, Aug 6, 2006.

  1. Walter Traprock, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Walter Traprock

    Impmon Guest

    On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 12:35:34 -0700, Walter Traprock
    <> wrote:

    >See the Star Wars movie (AKA IV A New Hope) free online
    >through the miracle of telnet!
    >
    >telnet://towel.blinkenlights.nl

    Very old but fun to see what it might have been like years before P2P,
    before Torrent, before pirated DVD and tapes, etc even before any
    graphic display were possible. When all you could do is ASCII arts to
    make games.
    Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.

    Impmon, Aug 7, 2006

  3. Walter Traprock

    Joe Guest

    I'm too lazy/busy/tired to watch the whole thing. Watched it a few years
    ago when it was about 50% complete. Did the "author" finish the entire
    "movie?

    Joe in Northern, NJ - V#8013-R

    Currently Riding The "Mother Ship"

    Ride a motorcycle in or near NJ?
    http://tinyurl.com/5apkg
    http://www.youthelate.com

    Joe, Aug 7, 2006
  4. "Joe" <> wrote:

    > I'm too lazy/busy/tired to watch the whole thing.

    Me neither!

    Walter Traprock, Aug 7, 2006
  5. Walter Traprock

    Joe Guest

    Joe, Aug 7, 2006
  6. Re: See Star Wars online! Free through telnet!

    Walter Traprock wrote:
    > See the Star Wars movie (AKA IV A New Hope) free online
    > through the miracle of telnet!
    >
    > telnet://towel.blinkenlights.nl

    I'll have to switch to my other computer. It's a 286, and its modem
    runs at 9600 bps. Otherwise, it would download much too slowly.

    Beloved Leader, Aug 7, 2006