Secursurf from Securstar

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Ryan, Oct 26, 2005.

  1. Ryan

    Ryan Guest

    Hi again-

    I Know I'm new to the group, been lurking and reading the 8000 or so posts
    my server has for the past few days. Hoped to ask a second question. Any
    opinions on Securstar's new Secursurf? Link below:

    http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php

    and also, I just got a free copy of Securwall, their new firewall, link
    below:

    http://www.securstar.com/products_swall.php

    haven't installed it yet, still using Zonealarm Pro, deciding between that
    and NIS 2003, both of which I have copies of. I've read the variety of
    opinions, just wondering if anyone had an opinion regarding these two
    specific programs. No, not a spammer, just learning the security thing. By
    the way, I know OE sucks for security, this is my work computer, home is way
    better (I hope).

    Thanks again!!!

    -Ryan
    Ryan, Oct 26, 2005

  2. Ryan

    Notan Guest

    Ryan wrote:

    > Hi again-
    >
    > I Know I'm new to the group, been lurking and reading the 8000 or so posts
    > my server has for the past few days. Hoped to ask a second question. Any
    > opinions on Securstar's new Secursurf? Link below:
    >
    > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php
    >
    > and also, I just got a free copy of Securwall, their new firewall, link
    > below:
    >
    > http://www.securstar.com/products_swall.php
    >
    > haven't installed it yet, still using Zonealarm Pro, deciding between that
    > and NIS 2003, both of which I have copies of. I've read the variety of
    > opinions, just wondering if anyone had an opinion regarding these two
    > specific programs. No, not a spammer, just learning the security thing. By
    > the way, I know OE sucks for security, this is my work computer, home is way
    > better (I hope).

    While I can't say anything about SecurStar's two programs, I can tell you
    to stay *far* away from NIS! It's a resource hog that'll grow roots in
    your system, making it extremely difficult to remove when (not "if") you
    decide to remove it.

    Notan
    Notan, Oct 26, 2005