    I once paid for and a letter explaining why I'll not soil my hardware
    with their dross ever again. It's Truecrypt or PGPDisk from now on. No
    exceptions. No spamming scammers welcome here.
    Non scrivetemi, Aug 23, 2006

  2. Non scrivetemi

    traveler 66 Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:27:30 +0200 (CEST), Non scrivetemi wrote:

    > Put on your condoms and see....
    >
    > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php
    >
    > Securstar, distributor of closed source encryption software employing
    > fabled "1334 bit encryption", has now climbed fully into bed with long
    > time scam bank promoters and privacy scene confidence men Privacy.lie.

    I don't use privacy.li for surfing, but my experience with them for usenet
    and anonymity services has been very positive. They provide excellent
    honest service and always come through despite the trolls that try to put
    them down or take what they say completely out of context. Get over it.

    > The last shreds of Securstar's credibility have taken their final spin
    > around the bowl and disappeared from view. At one time it was possible
    > to justify considering products like Drivecrypt because of its roots,
    > even in spite of it's closed source nature and specious claims.

    I'll bet securestar has had excellent feedback from the people that have
    bought through them regarding any privacy.li products and services, that's
    why they have sold them for so long. These guy's are in the privacy
    business and go to whom they find provides an excellent product, they don't
    listen to anono trolls only their customers no doubt.

    > No longer. I'm sending a symbolic CD burned with a copy of the software
    > I once paid for and a letter explaining why I'll not soil my hardware
    > with their dross ever again. It's Truecrypt or PGPDisk from now on. No
    > exceptions. No spamming scammers welcome here.

    Flush
    traveler 66, Aug 23, 2006

  3. This is just sad. I remember when Scramdisk was the shit, and
    everyone watched PGPdisk with a wary eye. My how things change.

    Even Securstar's explanation for withholding source code is
    hard to believe considering they claim to use well known open
    source algos and PGP seems to do the exact same thing without
    all the problems they describe. Doesn't make any sense. This
    thing with privacy.lie is realy just icing on the cake.

    George Orwell, Aug 23, 2006
  4. traveler 66 wrote:

    > I don't use privacy.li for surfing, but my experience with them for usenet
    > and anonymity services has been very positive. They provide excellent
    > honest service and always come through despite the trolls that try to put
    > them down or take what they say completely out of context. Get over it.

    Just to rephrase it: You think that a service that directs your traffic
    over servers chosen by the vendor himself has any relation to anonymity?
    I'd call it a centralized wiretapping solution.

    > I'll bet securestar has had excellent feedback from the people that have
    > bought through them regarding any privacy.li products and services, that's
    > why they have sold them for so long. These guy's are in the privacy
    > business and go to whom they find provides an excellent product, they don't
    > listen to anono trolls only their customers no doubt.

    Securestar's "1344 Bit military strength encryption" has been namend on
    the snake-oil FAQ for good reason.

    >> No longer. I'm sending a symbolic CD burned with a copy of the software
    >> I once paid for and a letter explaining why I'll not soil my hardware
    >> with their dross ever again. It's Truecrypt or PGPDisk from now on. No
    >> exceptions. No spamming scammers welcome here.

    > Flush

    Try the 'sync' command! :)

    Indeed, he has a clear and justified point, but he's been spamming in
    first place.
    Sebastian Gottschalk, Aug 23, 2006
  5. Non scrivetemi

    TwistyCreek Guest

    Non scrivetemi wrote:

    > Put on your condoms and see....
    >
    > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php

    WTF is up with host.securstar.com sending you FIN/ACK packets every
    couple of seconds while you're visiting their site?

    Some sort of port scan?

    /me clears my cache and resolves never to visit that site again.
    TwistyCreek, Aug 23, 2006
  6. Non scrivetemi

    TwistyCreek Guest

    TwistyCreek wrote:

    > Non scrivetemi wrote:
    >
    > > Put on your condoms and see....
    > >
    > > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php

    > WTF is up with host.securstar.com sending you FIN/ACK packets every
    > couple of seconds while you're visiting their site?
    >
    > Some sort of port scan?
    >
    > /me clears my cache and resolves never to visit that site again.

    Probably their idea of a keepalive. My browser shows the activity as a
    sorta instant refresh about every 5 seconds.

    And yeah, it's bizarre, but we've known for a long time now that
    Securstar and Privacy.LIE are in the data mining business together so
    it shouldn't be any surprise.
    TwistyCreek, Aug 23, 2006
  7. Non scrivetemi wrote:

    > The last shreds of Securstar's credibility have taken their final spin
    > around the bowl and disappeared from view. At one time it was possible
    > to justify considering products like Drivecrypt because of its roots,
    > even in spite of it's closed source nature and specious claims.
    >
    > No longer. I'm sending a symbolic CD burned with a copy of the software
    > I once paid for and a letter explaining why I'll not soil my hardware
    > with their dross ever again. It's Truecrypt or PGPDisk from now on. No
    > exceptions. No spamming scammers welcome here.

    Had I been unfortunate enough to have actually bought DC/DC++ after it
    went closed source I'd be inclined to do the same thing. ;)
    Non scrivetemi, Aug 23, 2006
  8. TwistyCreek wrote:

    > Non scrivetemi wrote:
    >
    > > Put on your condoms and see....
    > >
    > > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php

    > WTF is up with host.securstar.com sending you FIN/ACK packets every
    > couple of seconds while you're visiting their site?
    >
    > Some sort of port scan?

    Sure, why not? That host has produced a nearly 1000% increase in UCE
    over the last couple weeks (and managed to get it's provider on a couple
    RBL's because of it), so what's a little probing of visitors on top of
    some major SPAM activity. Almost a natural thing I'd say.

    > /me clears my cache and resolves never to visit that site again.

    Hey.... you were warned about wearing a condom. <grin>
    George Orwell, Aug 23, 2006
  9. In article <>
    "Non scrivetemi" <> wrote:

    > Put on your condoms and see....
    >
    > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php

    Wow. Mutual pimpification.

    The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
    is unverified. You need a valid hashcash token to post to groups other
    than alt.test and alt.anonymous.messages. Visit www.panta-rhei.eu.org
    for abuse and hashcash info.
    Anonymous Remailer (austria), Aug 24, 2006
  10. Anonymous Remailer (austria) wrote:

    > In article <>
    > "Non scrivetemi" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > Put on your condoms and see....
    > >
    > > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php

    > Wow. Mutual pimpification.

    Why are ther Red Hot Chili Peppers tunes running through my head? ;)
    George Orwell, Aug 24, 2006
  11. Non scrivetemi

    Nomen Nescio Guest

    In article
    <>
    "Non scrivetemi" <> wrote:

    > Put on your condoms and see....
    >
    > http://www.securstar.com/products_ssurf.php
    >
    > Securstar, distributor of closed source encryption software

    employing
    > fabled "1334 bit encryption", has now climbed fully into bed with

    long
    > time scam bank promoters and privacy scene confidence men

    Privacy.lie.

    > The last shreds of Securstar's credibility have taken their final

    spin
    > around the bowl and disappeared from view. At one time it was

    possible
    > to justify considering products like Drivecrypt because of its

    roots,
    > even in spite of it's closed source nature and specious claims.
    >
    > No longer. I'm sending a symbolic CD burned with a copy of the

    software
    > I once paid for and a letter explaining why I'll not soil my

    hardware
    > with their dross ever again. It's Truecrypt or PGPDisk from now on.

    No
    > exceptions. No spamming scammers welcome here.

    I really understand your irritation: accordingly and in keeping with
    that irritation do you think that it would be possible for you to
    post your serial number or other code so that I can make my trial
    version registered without having to pay for it? I would really
    appreciate it, money being as tight as it is. Thank you very much!

    Bob
    Nomen Nescio, Aug 28, 2006