    Is the exam difficult?

    Thanks for your input.

    Joe

    Joe Bloggs, May 29, 2004

  2. Joe Bloggs

    Jose Guest

    Check ot the All in One series book for this certicfication, it has good
    reviews among readers in Amazon.com.

    Good luck,

    Jose
    MCSA, Network+, A+

    Jose, May 30, 2004

  3. Joe Bloggs

    ap Guest

    I took this test just before Christmas, I had a free voucher so why not. It
    was easy. It can best be described as a mile wide and an inch deep. Not a
    lot of depth but a lot of subjects covered. I liked the Network Security
    Fundamentals book from Course.com ISBN:0-619-12017-7

    The course books are expensive because they are textbooks. Nice books with
    plenty of example and labs. I got through the book in a weekend then took
    the test.

    ap, May 30, 2004
  4. "Adam Leinss" <> wrote in message
    > "Joe Bloggs" <> wrote in news:ro5uc.19263$Ly.6457
    > @attbi_s01:
    >
    > > Are there any newsgroups for Security+?
    > >
    > > What book is good for the Security+ Exam?
    > >
    > > Is the exam difficult?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your input.

    > Yes, very diffcult. I plan to take it this summer to get my MCSA on
    > the W2K3 track. Everyone I have talked to failed it on the first try.
    > The study guide by Tcat Houser was highly recommended for this exam by
    > the same people.

    I'd be surprised if any CompTIA tests could be classified as "difficult."

    Patrick Michael, May 31, 2004
  5. Joe Bloggs

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "Patrick Michael" <> wrote in message

    > "Adam Leinss" <> wrote in message
    > > "Joe Bloggs" <> wrote in news:ro5uc.19263$Ly.6457
    > > @attbi_s01:
    > >
    > > > Are there any newsgroups for Security+?
    > > >
    > > > What book is good for the Security+ Exam?
    > > >
    > > > Is the exam difficult?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for your input.

    > > Yes, very diffcult. I plan to take it this summer to get my MCSA on
    > > the W2K3 track. Everyone I have talked to failed it on the first try.
    > > The study guide by Tcat Houser was highly recommended for this exam by
    > > the same people.

    > I'd be surprised if any CompTIA tests could be classified as "difficult."

    I've heard that of the CompTIA exams, Security+ is one of the most
    difficult.

    TechGeekPro, May 31, 2004
  6. Joe Bloggs

    ap Guest

    Then you bought the wrong book. Those are not even topics you will find on
    the test. In fact you won't find those models on a test until you get to
    the CISSP. In addition, those somewhat boring and old models are still used
    and are still relevant. I sounds like you either don't really have an
    interest in security or just not enough experience to get through the book.

    Security is not glamorous or exciting. A lot of it is parsing logs and
    evaluating routine processes.

    Try the exam cram2 book.

    --
    A+, Security+, SSCP, MOS

    ap, May 31, 2004
  7. Joe Bloggs

    ap Guest

    You get 90 minutes for the 100 question test. The toughest part was
    figuring out what to do with the 65 minutes of test time I did not use.

    --
    A+, Security+, SSCP, MOS

    ap, May 31, 2004