Security - WLAN WPA(2) 802.1x, PKI/CA, IAS/Radius, Windows 2003 AD

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Friedrich Stockhammer, Jan 16, 2007.

  1. Hi,
    two questions:
    Need the IAS/radius server (runs on a windows 2003 DC) a own
    certificate when we want to use a WLAN - WPA(2) 802.1x

    The clients and the user have your own certificate.

    On the DC/IAS server are an old, expired certificate.

    We (admins, domainadmin's, enterpriseadmin's) cannot renovate this
    certificate or request a new certificate.

    It comes an error: .... you dont have the required rights ....

    Which additional rights are needed to request certificates for
    servers?

    On CA server
    On the server who request
    In active directory