    The warning just appeared in my Firefox browser. I have not done anything
    with it since I have no idea if the warning is legit. Does anyone know
    about this?

    Shorty, Oct 23, 2004

  2. Shorty wrote:
    > I just got a security warning that recommended install a fix for Firefox.
    > The warning just appeared in my Firefox browser. I have not done anything
    > with it since I have no idea if the warning is legit. Does anyone know
    > about this?

    I just received a similar warning. The address in the addy bar is
    http://enjoy.sytes.net/

    --
    Norm

    NoMoreMrNiceGuy, Oct 23, 2004

  3. Shorty

    Tony Raven Guest

    Shorty wrote:

    > I just got a security warning that recommended install a fix for Firefox.
    > The warning just appeared in my Firefox browser. I have not done anything
    > with it since I have no idea if the warning is legit. Does anyone know
    > about this?

    I doubt its legit. Where does the link that it will inevitably require
    you to click lead too? (either move your mouse over it and look at the
    bottom left of the window for the link details which are probably
    different from the link or hit Ctrl+U and scroll through the html to
    find it.

    The easy way if you are suspicious is to not click the link but go to
    the Firefox site yourself. You can be sure if there is any "fix"
    required they will have it listed there.

    I guess with the big SpreadFirefox campaign
    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041022/152/f544c.html we can expect a lot more
    attention from the dregs of the internet.

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Oct 23, 2004
  4. Tony Raven wrote:
    > Shorty wrote:
    >
    >> I just got a security warning that recommended install a fix for
    >> Firefox. The warning just appeared in my Firefox browser. I have not
    >> done anything
    >> with it since I have no idea if the warning is legit. Does anyone know
    >> about this?

    > I doubt its legit. Where does the link that it will inevitably require
    > you to click lead too? (either move your mouse over it and look at the
    > bottom left of the window for the link details which are probably
    > different from the link or hit Ctrl+U and scroll through the html to
    > find it.
    >
    > The easy way if you are suspicious is to not click the link but go to
    > the Firefox site yourself. You can be sure if there is any "fix"
    > required they will have it listed there.
    >
    > I guess with the big SpreadFirefox campaign
    > http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041022/152/f544c.html we can expect a lot more
    > attention from the dregs of the internet.
    >
    > Tony

    Oh it could be. Try opening FF, then:

    Tools>>Options>>Advanced

    Under Software Update, are the boxes for automatically checking for
    updates to Firefox and extensions and themes checked?

    If so Firefox has probably run an automatic check and found a security
    update. There was one that came out just after 1.0PR was released.
    Click the Check Now button. If you get the same warning that you saw
    earlier, go ahead and install it.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 23, 2004