    advise.

    Thanks
    Brendan

    Brendan, Jan 7, 2004

  2. Why not take both?

    Don't You Wish, Jan 7, 2004

  3. Brendan

    Marko Guest

    Brendan: In case you have trouble taking advice from a
    jackass, I would suggest that he is offering you very good
    guidance on this occasion.

    Marko, Jan 7, 2004
  4. Brendan

    Consultant Guest

    i see you have resulted to colorful name calling, nice
    --
    Consultant, MCNGP Founding Father
    Lead Thug, Public Enemy #1

    Consultant, Jan 7, 2004
  5. Security+ exam is 225.00 while 70-220 is 125.00.
    220 was really easy after 70-214. I did some security + studying and believe
    if you pass 214 you could challenge Security+ and most likely pass.

    Nettransplant, Jan 7, 2004
  6. Brendan

    Marko Guest

    You may have missed the bit where the previous poster is
    . I did the first few times he posted
    until someone else pointed it out about a week ago as well
    while also pointing out that it is hard to take
    a "jackass" seriously.

    Marko, Jan 7, 2004
  7. Brendan

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    Brendan wrote:

    > Hi Folks.
    > I am one exam away from completing my MCSE. I've been
    > studying to do the 70-220 exam, but am now considering
    > doing the CompTIA Security+ exam. How will will affect my
    > cert? Better than MCSE+Security? More marketable? Please
    > advise.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Brendan

    congrats. :)

    the security+ is vendor neutral while the 70-220 is vendor specific, meaning
    Microsoft products. i would advise, if you plan to be working on microsoft
    products & get a better understanding of their security concepts &
    procedures, go with 70-220, if you want a more broad & general
    understanding of security CBK domains, go with Sec+. It gives a pretty good
    into. to the domains, IMHO.

    I did the Sec+ because I am looking at other higher non-Microsoft certs.

    good luck.

    p.s. the 70-220 is a design exam! i found the design exam format to be the
    most difficult of the ms exams.

    --
    Rowdy Yates
    MCSE, Security+, Linux+

    Rowdy Yates, Jan 8, 2004
  8. Brendan

    Consultant Guest

    fair enough

    Consultant, Jan 8, 2004
  9. The Security + test is more comparable with 70-214.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights."Please
    do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup
    purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Jan 8, 2004