    Let's here which set of tools you prefer to have at all times.

    -
    The Bud Wiser

    Bud, Jul 26, 2003

  2. Bud

    kyra Guest

    Bud wrote:
    > Ok, I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen
    > testing.
    > Let's here which set of tools you prefer to have at all times.
    >
    > -
    > The Bud Wiser

    to each his own. from basic commands and knowing the switches to writing
    your own scripts, or using things like nmap. some are better than
    others, but no one is the best. learn all the tools you can and use
    each as the situation presents itself. one is only better than the next
    fo the outcome you want, but in a diferent situation, another will be
    the best for what you need.

    i have to say nmap rocks for a port scanner though... and more if you
    use it right.

    --
    Tell me and I'll forget.
    Show me and I'll remember.

    http://aleeya.net

    kyra, Jul 26, 2003

  3. Bud

    Guest

    On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:17:46 GMT, "Bud" <bud@swoop.2y.net> wrote:

    >Ok, I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen
    >testing. Let's here which set of tools you prefer to have at all times.

    Check out this list of Top 75 Security Tools at
    http://www.insecure.org/tools.html

    Jacco Tunnissen
    --
    http://www.honeypots.net/
    Intrusion Detection Systems,

    , Jul 26, 2003
  4. "Bud" <bud@swoop.2y.net> wrote in message
    > Ok, I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen
    > testing.
    > Let's here which set of tools you prefer to have at all times.

    netcat

    Bilbo Baggins, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Bud

    Liam Guest

    "Bilbo Baggins" <> wrote in message news:<bg5aae$c4m$>...
    > "Bud" <bud@swoop.2y.net> wrote in message
    > > Ok, I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen
    > > testing.
    > > Let's here which set of tools you prefer to have at all times.

    > netcat

    port scanner - nmap
    network tomfoolery - netcat
    web app testing - SPIKE proxy
    sniffer - Ethereal
    switched network sniffer - Ettercap
    www server scanner - Nikto
    password cracker - John the Ripper
    vuln scanner - Nessus

    Liam, Jul 30, 2003
  6. Bud

    James Riden Guest

    (Liam) writes:

    > "Bilbo Baggins" <> wrote in message news:<bg5aae$c4m$>...
    >> "Bud" <bud@swoop.2y.net> wrote in message
    >> > Ok, I am looking for the best of the best security toolkit for use in pen
    >> > testing.
    >> > Let's here which set of tools you prefer to have at all times.

    >> netcat

    <snip>
    > switched network sniffer - Ettercap

    I also like the dsniff/fragrouter/arpspoof tools.
    Jamie
    --
    James Riden / / Systems Programmer - Security
    This post does not necessarily represent the views of my employer.

    James Riden, Jul 30, 2003
  7. Bud

    bigDWK Guest

    Kismet rocks as a wi-fi sniffer. Airsnort's good at cracking WEP keys too.
    Dave

    bigDWK, Aug 6, 2003