    have acces or format third partition before enter the password to access it.
    regards
    Ivano

    Ivano Redaelli, Dec 1, 2004

  2. Ivano Redaelli

    Interfecus Guest

    "Ivano Redaelli" <> wrote in message
    news:Rojrd.60600$...
    > Hi,
    > I have a single hard-disk divided into 3 partition. I need to find a
    > software wich si able to encrypt the 3rd partition in real time. No one

    can
    > have acces or format third partition before enter the password to access

    it.
    > regards
    > Ivano

    Please provide more information or helping you is impossible. You need to
    say what operating system you are currently using and whether you are
    willing to buy commercial software. More details about who you are
    protecting it against would also be helpful and would get you better
    answers, but depending on your circumstances you must make the decision
    about how much to reveal.

    I've read documents on doing this in Linux but haven't done it myself and
    have no knowledge of Windows equivalents.

    Please note that preventing people from formatting the partition is
    practically impossible. Encrypting the partition will do nothing to prevent
    people from completely overwriting it. Encryption prevents people from
    reading your data but cannot stop them from destroying it. You can, however,
    use preventative methods such as setting a BIOS password. To get past this
    the attacker would have to open the case.

    I would recommend keeping encrypted backups burnt on CDs or DVDs in a place
    away from the computer. One copy on-site and one copy off-site is best. This
    means that if somebody gets access to your computer and destroys the
    partition, your information is still safely stored elsewhere.

    Interfecus, Dec 5, 2004

  3. Ivano Redaelli

    Richard Guest

    "Ivano Redaelli" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    > I have a single hard-disk divided into 3 partition. I need to find a
    > software wich si able to encrypt the 3rd partition in real time. No
    > one can have acces or format third partition before enter the password
    > to access it. regards
    > Ivano

    I would recommend DriveCrypt Plus Pack. It allows you to encrypt entire
    partitions using strong encryption algorithms.
    http://drivecrypt.no-ip.com

    Richard, Dec 23, 2004