security setup wizaed not working please help

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by pcprince1987, Sep 2, 2008.

  1. pcprince1987

    pcprince1987

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Karan
    security setup wizard not working please help
    I'm in the process of learning how to set up personalization for a page with
    web parts, and I've hit a problem I can't resolve.

    I built an example that works, and in that project, I can open the Web Site
    Administration Tool and fire up the Security Setup Wizard. No problem so
    far.

    I create a new project, copy all the code exactly from the prior project,
    including the web.config, and I make sure that the settings for the two
    sites in IIS are identical. When I attempt to use the Security Setup Wizard
    I get this lengthy message. I also get the same message if I attempt to
    build the project one step at a time, or even create a new project (web
    site).

    Has anyone seen this before, and can you give me any guidance on how to
    resolve it? Here's the message:

    An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

    The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Specified argument
    was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: site at
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.Init ForConfiguration(String&
    locationSubPath, String& configPath, String& locationConfigPath,
    IInternalConfigRoot configRoot, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at
    System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor(String locationSubPath, Type
    typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at
    System.Configuration.Internal.InternalConfigConfig urationFactory.System.Configuration.Internal.IInte rnalConfigConfigurationFactory.Create(Type
    typeConfigHost, Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) at
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationHost.Open Configuration(WebLevel
    webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, VirtualPath path, String site,
    String locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password,
    IntPtr tokenHandle) at
    System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.O penWebConfigurationImpl(WebLevel
    webLevel, ConfigurationFileMap fileMap, String path, String site, String
    locationSubPath, String server, String userName, String password, IntPtr
    userToken)

    pcprince1987, Sep 2, 2008