Security Monitoring/Reporting

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by RC, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. RC

    RC Guest

    I'm looking for a simple tool for monitoring and reporting logon attempts
    both successful and failures for a Cisco PIX. I've already looked at so many
    different products I can barely see straight, and would like to hear about
    some real world situation. Now the catch, it's for a small company, 30-50
    nodes, one PIX, a router, 2 or three servers (Windows), a few VPN clients
    through the PIX, and a very limited budget.

    What I'd like it to do.
    Simple setup.
    Real-time Alerts for multiple failed logon attempts.
    Automatically generated reports (emailed to an Admin).
    Supporting the PIX and if possible the servers.
    Web based admin and on-demand reports.
    Single box solution.
    Not subscription based, or remotely hosted.

    Now I know that there are hundreds of products that do this, and I know a
    simple SNMP and syslog based solution would do this, but I'm looking for a
    canned solution that is easy to set up for a few key items.

    And please, if you SELL the product say so. I know sales types will reply
    but I'd like to know if it's a satisfied user or a sales rep up front.

    Thanks all

    RC, Sep 3, 2004