    you suggest?

    Greetings

    Martin

    Martin F. Hohenberg, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Martin F. Hohenberg

    Imhotep Guest

    Martin F. Hohenberg wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > This might be a FAQ ...
    >
    > Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
    > Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
    > about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
    > beginning October, 1st.
    >
    > Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one
    > do you suggest?
    >
    > Greetings
    >
    > Martin

    Apache has a mailing system you can sign up for. Not sure about MySQL. I
    would also, check the newgroups, once a week, for Apche, MySQL, etc, etc...

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Sep 10, 2005

  3. "Martin F. Hohenberg" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > This might be a FAQ ...
    >
    > Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
    > Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
    > about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
    > beginning October, 1st.
    >
    > Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one

    do
    > you suggest?

    Everyone has their own lists.. CERT have RSS, most people over here use
    BugTraq for email. Any thing significant shows up on any decent list -
    although it can be worth subscribing to one in a geographically similar
    location, because of time zones.

    H1K

    Hairy One Kenobi, Sep 12, 2005
  4. Martin F. Hohenberg

    Winged Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
    > "Martin F. Hohenberg" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Hi.
    >>
    >>This might be a FAQ ...
    >>
    >>Currently, my work focus is mainly the standard sysadmin for end users (on
    >>Unix systems). Because of a change in contract, I will be responsible for
    >>about 10 webservers (running the standard stuff, Debian, Apache, MySQL)
    >>beginning October, 1st.
    >>
    >>Are there any security mailing lists I should monitor regulary? Which one

    > do
    >
    >>you suggest?

    > Everyone has their own lists.. CERT have RSS, most people over here use
    > BugTraq for email. Any thing significant shows up on any decent list -
    > although it can be worth subscribing to one in a geographically similar
    > location, because of time zones.
    >
    > H1K

    Secunia (www.secunia.com) has an RSS feed and very good bug track from
    various sources.

    Additionally the have a RSS virus feed that provides breaking virus
    information from several of the commercial anti-virus entities.

    I find it timely and useful.

    Winged

    Winged, Sep 13, 2005