Security Guidance Kit

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, May 20, 2004.

  1. In article <>, "Brett Roberts" <> was seen to type:
    >FYI, we have released a Security Guidance Kit targeted at IT professionals.
    >The kit comes on one CD and contains guides, security tools such as
    >Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and other vulnerability assessment
    >tools, MyDoom Cleaner tools, IIS Lockdown Wizard, as well as the various
    >sample scripts and templates delivered with the "full installations" of
    >guides such as the Windows Server 2003 Security Guide.
    >
    >They're orderable from http://www.microsoft.com/asia/security/guidance/ for
    >the sum of US$0.00

    Well done that company (and there are words you don't hear me saying
    often :) ).

    Bruce

    Caution === followups may have been changed to relevant groups
    (if there weere any)

    Bruce Sinclair, May 20, 2004

  2. FYI, we have released a Security Guidance Kit targeted at IT professionals.
    The kit comes on one CD and contains guides, security tools such as
    Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and other vulnerability assessment
    tools, MyDoom Cleaner tools, IIS Lockdown Wizard, as well as the various
    sample scripts and templates delivered with the "full installations" of
    guides such as the Windows Server 2003 Security Guide.

    They're orderable from http://www.microsoft.com/asia/security/guidance/ for
    the sum of US$0.00

    Brett Roberts
    Microsoft NZ

    PS: if any of you are still waiting on the Windows Security Update CD's
    please let me know

    Brett Roberts, May 20, 2004

  3. Bruce Sinclair

    Mike_P Guest

    "Brett Roberts" <> wrote in message
    > FYI, we have released a Security Guidance Kit targeted at IT

    professionals.
    > The kit comes on one CD and contains guides, security tools such as
    > Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and other vulnerability assessment
    > tools, MyDoom Cleaner tools, IIS Lockdown Wizard, as well as the various
    > sample scripts and templates delivered with the "full installations" of
    > guides such as the Windows Server 2003 Security Guide.
    >
    > They're orderable from http://www.microsoft.com/asia/security/guidance/

    for
    > the sum of US$0.00
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ
    >
    > PS: if any of you are still waiting on the Windows Security Update CD's
    > please let me know

    Cheers Brett, just ordered it now.

    Mike_P, May 20, 2004
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    bAZZ Guest

    Brett Roberts wrote:
    > FYI, we have released a Security Guidance Kit targeted at IT professionals.
    > The kit comes on one CD and contains guides, security tools such as
    > Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and other vulnerability assessment
    > tools, MyDoom Cleaner tools, IIS Lockdown Wizard, as well as the various
    > sample scripts and templates delivered with the "full installations" of
    > guides such as the Windows Server 2003 Security Guide.
    >
    > They're orderable from http://www.microsoft.com/asia/security/guidance/ for
    > the sum of US$0.00
    >
    > Brett Roberts
    > Microsoft NZ
    >
    > PS: if any of you are still waiting on the Windows Security Update CD's
    > please let me know

    Yep, I'm definitely after one. Have you got a link or phone number to
    order from.

    Thanks
    Bazz

    bAZZ, May 21, 2004
  5. Bruce Sinclair

    The Hobbit Guest

    "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > Brett Roberts wrote:

    <Snip>
    >> They're orderable from http://www.microsoft.com/asia/security/guidance/
    >> for the sum of US$0.00

    <Snip>
    > Yep, I'm definitely after one. Have you got a link or phone number to
    > order from.

    bAZZ - Fella, read the OP :)

    The Hobbit, May 23, 2004
  6. Bruce Sinclair

    bAZZ Guest

    The Hobbit wrote:
    > "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Brett Roberts wrote:

    > <Snip>
    >
    >>>They're orderable from http://www.microsoft.com/asia/security/guidance/
    >>>for the sum of US$0.00

    > <Snip>
    >
    >>Yep, I'm definitely after one. Have you got a link or phone number to
    >>order from.

    > bAZZ - Fella, read the OP :)

    Hey Hobbit

    read what op ?
    I was refering to the Windows Security Update CD's. I ordered one from
    the website and it hasn't arrived weeks ago. Thought brett might be able
    to hurry it up for me :) Not the security kit.

    bazz

    bAZZ, May 24, 2004
  7. Bruce Sinclair

    The Hobbit Guest

    "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    <Snip>
    > Hey Hobbit
    >
    > read what op ?
    > I was refering to the Windows Security Update CD's. I ordered one from
    > the website and it hasn't arrived weeks ago. Thought brett might be able
    > to hurry it up for me :) Not the security kit.

    Ahh - that's where snipping the stuff in the original post that you're NOT
    replying to helps the understanding of those of us low in caffine. If you'd
    chopped all but:

    "PS: if any of you are still waiting on the Windows Security Update CD's
    please let me know"

    I'd have know that you were referring just to the "PS:", not the whole post
    (which was about the security CDs) and been able to include this link in my
    reply.

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp

    Good luck getting the CD - it's a great bandwidth saver :) My first attempt
    got lost in the ether too, but as Brett and Nathan said in another thread,
    they've sorted that problem out and when I tried the second time I got the
    CD within a couple of weeks.

    The Hobbit, May 24, 2004
  8. Bruce Sinclair

    bAZZ Guest

    The Hobbit wrote:
    > "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > <Snip>
    >
    >>Hey Hobbit
    >>
    >>read what op ?
    >>I was refering to the Windows Security Update CD's. I ordered one from
    >>the website and it hasn't arrived weeks ago. Thought brett might be able
    >>to hurry it up for me :) Not the security kit.
    >>

    > Ahh - that's where snipping the stuff in the original post that you're NOT
    > replying to helps the understanding of those of us low in caffine. If you'd
    > chopped all but:
    >
    > "PS: if any of you are still waiting on the Windows Security Update CD's
    > please let me know"
    >
    > I'd have know that you were referring just to the "PS:", not the whole post
    > (which was about the security CDs) and been able to include this link in my
    > reply.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/cd/order.asp
    >
    > Good luck getting the CD - it's a great bandwidth saver :) My first attempt
    > got lost in the ether too, but as Brett and Nathan said in another thread,
    > they've sorted that problem out and when I tried the second time I got the
    > CD within a couple of weeks.

    Yeah can see that now ( with 'nuff caffenine in me :) ). I was having
    trouble actually getting it to submit the application. Forgot about it
    and tried again before posting here. It kept hanging and endlessly
    sitting on 'submitting your request......

    After your post I tried again and same old same old. Had a brainwave and
    tried with IE6. No problem. Closed IE and tried again with Firefox and
    it hung again. So problem was with browser not their site or lack of
    response.

    seems bit of a coincidence though that only IE worked for me and not the
    competing browser Hmmmm

    bAZZ

    bAZZ, May 25, 2004
  9. bAZZ wrote:
    > Closed IE and tried again with Firefox and
    > it hung again. So problem was with browser not their site or lack of
    > response.

    ummm problem was with browser? or problem was with code fed to the browser.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 25, 2004