Security flaw hits MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Au79, Aug 29, 2007.

  1. Au79

    Au79 Guest

    Au79, Aug 29, 2007

  2. Au79

    Tester Guest

    Security flaw hits Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)

    [from yesterday's spam]
    > In our efforts to offer a competitive service and to maintain a reliable database server, we
    > are performing a regular update on every account enrolled with us to eliminate the possibility
    > of money-laundering through one-day accounts. In order to confirm your account and to preserve
    > the account stability, you are required to login to your account using the following link below:</p>

    [snip]

    This phishing URL is down, in part, I hope, because of my complaint.
    Let's see what insecure system was used to put up the phishing page,
    presumably without the knowledge or consent of the server owners.

    telnet 201.16.255.90 80
    HEAD / HTTP/1.1
    HOST: 201.16.255.90

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:00:10 GMT
    Server: Apache/2.0.40 (Red Hat Linux)
    Last-Modified: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 12:34:05 GMT
    ETag: "16e908-242-9be22940"
    Accept-Ranges: bytes

    Tester, Aug 29, 2007

  3. Au79 wrote:
    > VNUNet.com - UK
    >
    > Security firm Secunia rates the vulnerability as "highly critical," the
    > second highest of its five alert levels.

    The highest level of terror alert is: "We're screwed, shoot your dog."
    according to one video I saw.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 29, 2007