Security fears over MS October patches...

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Imhotep, Oct 19, 2005.

  1. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Imhotep, Oct 19, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11342


    You seem to have missed the word "No" from the front of your title.

    Do did read the article, rather than just the title, right? You do know that
    the patch *fixes* the worm problem, rather than causes it, right?

    There *is* a cock-up (I note you've posted this below, but without the
    detail), but that has to do with deployment where (or so I read, a few days
    ago) someone has (potentially quite sensibly) changed the access rights to a
    directory or two.

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily
    reflect the opinions of the highly-opinionated person expressing the opinion
    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Oct 19, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11342

    >
    > You seem to have missed the word "No" from the front of your title.


    I did not write the article. The "header" article from Security Focus has
    the title "Worm fears over MS October patch batch". If you have a problem,
    write the author....

    > Do did read the article, rather than just the title, right? You do know
    > that the patch *fixes* the worm problem, rather than causes it, right?


    Yes I "do did" read the article...Although, I can't seem to get to it now at
    the security focus web site.

    <snip>

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Oct 19, 2005
    #3
  4. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
    >
    > > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > > news:...
    > >> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11342

    > >
    > > You seem to have missed the word "No" from the front of your title.

    >
    > I did not write the article. The "header" article from Security Focus has
    > the title "Worm fears over MS October patch batch". If you have a problem,
    > write the author....
    >
    > > Do did read the article, rather than just the title, right? You do know
    > > that the patch *fixes* the worm problem, rather than causes it, right?

    >
    > Yes I "do did" read the article...Although, I can't seem to get to it now

    at
    > the security focus web site.


    /So/ sorry for the typo... so how about an apology for deliberately
    misrepresenting the content so dramatically? ;o)

    After all, you /did/ read the content...

    Last I looked, it was still available on El Reg (where it originally came
    from!)

    H1K
    Hairy One Kenobi, Oct 20, 2005
    #4
  5. Imhotep

    McSpreader Guest

    Imhotep <> wrote in news:wdydnUbSGK9VJcjeRVn-
    :

    > http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11342
    >
    > Imhotep


    Linux Kernel Console Keymap Local Command Injection Vulnerability
    2005-10-17
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15122

    Linux Orinoco Driver Remote Information Disclosure Vulnerability
    2005-10-12
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15085

    Linux Kernel Multiple Memory Leak Local Denial Of Service
    Vulnerabilities
    2005-10-11
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15076

    Linux Kernel Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
    2005-10-10
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15049

    Linux Kernel Netfilter Ipt_recent Remote Denial of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14791

    Linux Kernel EXT2/EXT3 File System Access Control Bypass
    Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14793

    Linux Kernel IPSec Policies Authorization Bypass Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14609

    Linux Kernel Raw_sendmsg() Kernel Memory Access Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14787

    Linux Kernel Sendmsg() Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14785

    Linux Kernel XFRM Array Index Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14477

    Linux Kernel Non-Zero Keyring Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14517

    Linux Kernel Session Keyring Allocation Local Denial of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14521

    Linux Kernel 64 Bit PTrace Kernel Memory Access Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13903

    Linux Kernel 64 Bit Multiple Unspecified Local Denial of Service
    Vulnerabilities
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13904

    Linux Kernel 64 Bit AR-RSC Register Access Validation Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14051

    Linux Kernel MMap Invalid Memory Region Local Denial Of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13893

    Linux Kernel 64 Bit PTrace Segment Base Address Local Denial Of
    Service Vulnerability
    2005-10-05
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13891

    Linux Kernel ZLib Local Null Pointer Dereference Denial of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-10-03
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14720

    Linux Kernel ZLib Invalid Memory Access Local Denial of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-10-03
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14719

    Linux Kernel Coda_Pioctl Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14967

    Linux Kernel Find_Target Local Denial Of Service Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14965

    Linux Kernel IA32 ExecVE Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14205

    Linux Kernel Stack Fault Exceptions Unspecified Local Denial of
    Service Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14467

    Linux Kernel Multiple Unspecified ISO9660 Filesystem Handling
    Vulnerabilities
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12837

    Linux Kernel Multiple Local MOXA Serial Driver Buffer Overflow
    Vulnerabilities
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12195

    Linux Kernel EXT2 File System Information Leak Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12932

    Linux Kernel Netfilter Memory Leak Local Denial of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12816

    Linux Kernel Local RLIMIT_MEMLOCK Bypass Denial Of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12197

    Linux Kernel Auditing Code Unspecified Local Denial Of Service
    Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13895

    Linux Kernel Local DRM Denial Of Service Vulnerability
    2005-09-28
    http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/11936

    Vulnerabilities (Page 1 of 8) 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >

    What was your question?
    McSpreader, Oct 20, 2005
    #5
  6. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Hairy One Kenobi wrote:
    >>
    >> > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    >> > news:...
    >> >> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11342
    >> >
    >> > You seem to have missed the word "No" from the front of your title.

    >>
    >> I did not write the article. The "header" article from Security Focus has
    >> the title "Worm fears over MS October patch batch". If you have a
    >> problem, write the author....
    >>
    >> > Do did read the article, rather than just the title, right? You do know
    >> > that the patch *fixes* the worm problem, rather than causes it, right?

    >>
    >> Yes I "do did" read the article...Although, I can't seem to get to it now

    > at
    >> the security focus web site.

    >
    > /So/ sorry for the typo... so how about an apology for deliberately
    > misrepresenting the content so dramatically? ;o)
    >
    > After all, you /did/ read the content...
    >
    > Last I looked, it was still available on El Reg (where it originally came
    > from!)
    >
    > H1K


    /Deliberately/ misrepresenting the content??? Whatever. You know, I am
    sitting here trying to think of one original post you have sent that was
    informative. I find myself still sitting here after several minutes trying
    desperately to remember one. Maybe you have and I just can not remember?

    Whatever, you know what, you filter me out and I will filter you. Deal?

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Oct 20, 2005
    #6
  7. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    McSpreader wrote:

    > Imhotep <> wrote in news:wdydnUbSGK9VJcjeRVn-
    > :
    >
    >> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11342
    >>
    >> Imhotep

    >
    > Linux Kernel Console Keymap Local Command Injection Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-17
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15122
    >
    > Linux Orinoco Driver Remote Information Disclosure Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-12
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15085
    >
    > Linux Kernel Multiple Memory Leak Local Denial Of Service
    > Vulnerabilities
    > 2005-10-11
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15076
    >
    > Linux Kernel Multiple Security Vulnerabilities
    > 2005-10-10
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/15049
    >
    > Linux Kernel Netfilter Ipt_recent Remote Denial of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14791
    >
    > Linux Kernel EXT2/EXT3 File System Access Control Bypass
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14793
    >
    > Linux Kernel IPSec Policies Authorization Bypass Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14609
    >
    > Linux Kernel Raw_sendmsg() Kernel Memory Access Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14787
    >
    > Linux Kernel Sendmsg() Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14785
    >
    > Linux Kernel XFRM Array Index Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14477
    >
    > Linux Kernel Non-Zero Keyring Local Denial of Service Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14517
    >
    > Linux Kernel Session Keyring Allocation Local Denial of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14521
    >
    > Linux Kernel 64 Bit PTrace Kernel Memory Access Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13903
    >
    > Linux Kernel 64 Bit Multiple Unspecified Local Denial of Service
    > Vulnerabilities
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13904
    >
    > Linux Kernel 64 Bit AR-RSC Register Access Validation Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14051
    >
    > Linux Kernel MMap Invalid Memory Region Local Denial Of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13893
    >
    > Linux Kernel 64 Bit PTrace Segment Base Address Local Denial Of
    > Service Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-05
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13891
    >
    > Linux Kernel ZLib Local Null Pointer Dereference Denial of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-03
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14720
    >
    > Linux Kernel ZLib Invalid Memory Access Local Denial of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-10-03
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14719
    >
    > Linux Kernel Coda_Pioctl Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14967
    >
    > Linux Kernel Find_Target Local Denial Of Service Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14965
    >
    > Linux Kernel IA32 ExecVE Local Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14205
    >
    > Linux Kernel Stack Fault Exceptions Unspecified Local Denial of
    > Service Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/14467
    >
    > Linux Kernel Multiple Unspecified ISO9660 Filesystem Handling
    > Vulnerabilities
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12837
    >
    > Linux Kernel Multiple Local MOXA Serial Driver Buffer Overflow
    > Vulnerabilities
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12195
    >
    > Linux Kernel EXT2 File System Information Leak Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12932
    >
    > Linux Kernel Netfilter Memory Leak Local Denial of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12816
    >
    > Linux Kernel Local RLIMIT_MEMLOCK Bypass Denial Of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/12197
    >
    > Linux Kernel Auditing Code Unspecified Local Denial Of Service
    > Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/13895
    >
    > Linux Kernel Local DRM Denial Of Service Vulnerability
    > 2005-09-28
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/11936
    >
    > Vulnerabilities (Page 1 of 8) 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
    >
    > What was your question?



    Search Advisory, Vulnerability, and Virus Database

    Search: [Advanced Search] Windows xp Search

    All Content 1 Secunia Advisories 2 Virus Information

    View full vulnerability report for a specific product:
    - Citrix MetaFrame XP for Windows
    - GoodTech FTP Server for Windows NT/2000/XP 3.x
    - GoodTech SMTP Server for Windows NT/2000/XP 5.x
    - GoodTech Telnet Server for Windows NT/2000/XP 4.x
    - GoodTech Telnet Server for Windows NT/2000/XP 5.x
    - Microsoft Windows XP Embedded
    - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    - Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    - NOD32 for Windows NT/2000/XP 2.x
    - Novell Client for Windows NT/2000/XP


    Found: 570 Secunia Security Advisories, displaying 1-25

    Sort by: Match, Title, Date

    Title Date
    Microsoft Windows FTP Client Filename Validation Vulnerability 2005-10-11
    Microsoft Windows Client Service for NetWare Buffer Overflow 2005-10-11
    Microsoft Windows MSDTC and COM+ Vulnerabilities 2005-10-11
    Microsoft Windows Plug-and-Play Service Arbitrary Code Execution
    2005-10-11
    Microsoft Windows Shell and Web View Three Vulnerabilities 2005-10-11
    Microsoft Windows XP Wireless Zero Configuration Wireless Profile
    Disclosure 2005-10-06
    WRQ Reflection for Secure IT Windows Server Multiple Security Issues
    2005-09-02
    Windows Registry Editor Utility String Concealment Weakness 2005-08-24
    Microsoft Windows COM Object Instantiation Memory Corruption Vulnerability
    2005-08-18
    Microsoft Windows Two Kerberos Vulnerabilities 2005-08-09
    Microsoft Windows Plug-and-Play Service Buffer Overflow 2005-08-09
    Microsoft Windows Print Spooler Service Buffer Overflow Vulnerability
    2005-08-09
    Microsoft Windows Telephony Service Vulnerability 2005-08-09
    Microsoft Windows Unspecified USB Device Driver Vulnerability 2005-07-27
    Microsoft Windows Network Connections Service Denial of Service
    2005-07-14
    Windows Remote Desktop Protocol Denial of Service Vulnerability
    2005-07-14
    Microsoft Windows Color Management Module Buffer Overflow 2005-07-12
    Microsoft Windows Step-by-Step Interactive Training Vulnerability
    2005-06-14
    Microsoft Windows HTML Help Input Validation Vulnerability 2005-06-14
    Microsoft Windows Server Message Block Vulnerability 2005-06-14
    Microsoft Windows Web Client Service Vulnerability 2005-06-14
    Windows Remote Desktop Protocol Private Key Disclosure 2005-06-06
    Microsoft Windows Image Rendering Denial of Service Vulnerability
    2005-04-22
    Microsoft Windows Explorer Web View Script Insertion Vulnerability
    2005-04-20
    Microsoft Windows Kernel Multiple Vulnerabilities 2005-04-12

    Next 25 matches >>

    Only 25 more pages to go. Let me know and I can also post /all/ the virus
    info and after that and we can to the /Worms/, and after
    that /spyware/....Now do /you/ have any questions?

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Oct 20, 2005
    #7
  8. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hairy One Kenobi wrote:


    <snip>

    > > After all, you /did/ read the content...


    > /Deliberately/ misrepresenting the content??? Whatever.


    Yup. Or you didn't read it all the way through. Whatever.

    H1K
    Hairy One Kenobi, Oct 20, 2005
    #8
  9. Imhotep

    McSpreader Guest

    Imhotep <> wrote in news:LN6dnaX1b4opcsveRVn-
    :

    > Now do /you/ have any questions?


    Yes. What was the point of your original post?
    McSpreader, Oct 20, 2005
    #9
  10. Imhotep

    Dazz Guest

    On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:01:43 GMT, McSpreader <>
    wrote:

    >Imhotep <> wrote in news:LN6dnaX1b4opcsveRVn-
    >:
    >
    >> Now do /you/ have any questions?

    >
    >Yes. What was the point of your original post?


    I believe lmhotep posted a link to an article that discussed some
    security patches.

    Maybe that was the point?

    At least that's how I perceived it.

    And quite frankly, I'm glad he posted it.

    Hmmm, that reminds me. Quite some time ago I signed up for SMS alerts
    to critical security patches so that I was kept in the loop - I
    haven't received an alert from M$ in at least 7 months.

    Glad I don't just rely on them to keep me informed. :-|

    Dazz
    Dazz, Oct 20, 2005
    #10
  11. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    McSpreader wrote:

    > Imhotep <> wrote in news:LN6dnaX1b4opcsveRVn-
    > :
    >
    >> Now do /you/ have any questions?

    >
    > Yes. What was the point of your original post?


    Informative. What was the point of your reply?
    Imhotep, Oct 21, 2005
    #11
  12. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Dazz wrote:

    > On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:01:43 GMT, McSpreader <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Imhotep <> wrote in news:LN6dnaX1b4opcsveRVn-
    >>:
    >>
    >>> Now do /you/ have any questions?

    >>
    >>Yes. What was the point of your original post?

    >
    > I believe lmhotep posted a link to an article that discussed some
    > security patches.


    That was the point.

    > Maybe that was the point?


    It was.

    > At least that's how I perceived it.
    >
    > And quite frankly, I'm glad he posted it.
    >
    > Hmmm, that reminds me. Quite some time ago I signed up for SMS alerts
    > to critical security patches so that I was kept in the loop - I
    > haven't received an alert from M$ in at least 7 months.
    >
    > Glad I don't just rely on them to keep me informed. :-|
    >
    > Dazz


    The poster McSpead thought something else. However, any and all
    information /should/ be posted. In this sense the application or OS is not
    important. Yet sadly, there is the always one in very crowd that tries to
    make it out to be this OS vs that OS. I will always admit that I am /not/
    and MS fan. However, if I ignored posting the information I would *not* be
    hurting MS but rather the people who use it.

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Oct 21, 2005
    #12
  13. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    >
    > <snip>
    >
    >> > After all, you /did/ read the content...

    >
    >> /Deliberately/ misrepresenting the content??? Whatever.

    >
    > Yup. Or you didn't read it all the way through. Whatever.
    >
    > H1K


    Nope. Or you are just trying, yet again, to start a flame war. Frankly, I
    have better things to do.

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Oct 21, 2005
    #13
  14. Imhotep

    Winged Guest

    Dazz wrote:
    > On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:01:43 GMT, McSpreader <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Hmmm, that reminds me. Quite some time ago I signed up for SMS alerts
    > to critical security patches so that I was kept in the loop - I
    > haven't received an alert from M$ in at least 7 months.
    >
    > Glad I don't just rely on them to keep me informed. :-|
    >
    > Dazz
    >


    You need to check your subscriptions. M$ went through some major changes
    in the alert notification dept.

    Their new services are good at not only alerting you to new security
    issues remediation and patch issues as well as revisions on old patches.

    I get 3 to 4 mails a week from M$ on their security notifications.
    Their security notification service now is far better than it once was.

    I am not a M$ fan but they have made major strides in their security
    notifications. Their RSS feed is also very useful for linking to
    current security issues for reference(I find this very interesting as
    Firefox supports RSS natively and IE does not...go figure).

    This does not mean you should not also watch the Secunia and SANS and
    other RSS feeds as well.

    I have to give M$ credit for making vast improvements in keeping me
    informed of M$ acknowledged problems workarounds and patches.

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/default.mspx

    The following page for the various alert notifications and RSS feeds.

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/msrc/default.mspx#EZD


    Winged
    Winged, Oct 21, 2005
    #14
  15. Imhotep

    McSpreader Guest

    Imhotep <> wrote in news:sIidneDk-LA_uMXeRVn-
    :

    > McSpreader wrote:
    >
    >> Imhotep <> wrote in news:LN6dnaX1b4opcsveRVn-
    >> :
    >>
    >>> Now do /you/ have any questions?

    >>
    >> Yes. What was the point of your original post?

    >
    > Informative. What was the point of your reply?


    Equally informative: to confirm my assumption that you were merely
    providing that information for totally altruistic motives, as
    demonstrated by:

    - You had already reported on this MS security bulletin, on 11-Oct.

    - You ended that report with the hilarious quip: "Have fun
    WinAdmins!".

    - The article you cited in your original post was a week old and
    was attributed to The Register(!) - motto "Biting the hand that
    feeds IT".

    - Your past posts.
    McSpreader, Oct 21, 2005
    #15
  16. Imhotep

    McSpreader Guest

    Dazz <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:01:43 GMT, McSpreader
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Imhotep <> wrote in news:LN6dnaX1b4opcsveRVn-
    >>:
    >>
    >>> Now do /you/ have any questions?

    >>
    >>Yes. What was the point of your original post?

    >
    > I believe lmhotep posted a link to an article that discussed
    > some security patches.
    >
    > Maybe that was the point?
    >
    > At least that's how I perceived it.
    >
    > And quite frankly, I'm glad he posted it.


    If you are happy to receive late information from an unreliable
    source with an axe to grind (The Register) via a biased Usenet
    source.
    >
    > Hmmm, that reminds me. Quite some time ago I signed up for SMS
    > alerts to critical security patches so that I was kept in the
    > loop - I haven't received an alert from M$ in at least 7 months.


    Interesting:

    - You can't be that bothered if you haven't followed it up after 7
    months.

    - I've received regular alerts from Microsoft by email, including
    early information on the lastest bulletin a week *before* its
    release.
    McSpreader, Oct 21, 2005
    #16
  17. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    McSpreader wrote:

    > Imhotep <> wrote in news:sIidneDk-LA_uMXeRVn-
    > :
    >
    >> McSpreader wrote:
    >>
    >>> Imhotep <> wrote in news:LN6dnaX1b4opcsveRVn-
    >>> :
    >>>
    >>>> Now do /you/ have any questions?
    >>>
    >>> Yes. What was the point of your original post?

    >>
    >> Informative. What was the point of your reply?

    >
    > Equally informative: to confirm my assumption that you were merely
    > providing that information for totally altruistic motives, as
    > demonstrated by:
    >
    > - You had already reported on this MS security bulletin, on 11-Oct.
    >
    > - You ended that report with the hilarious quip: "Have fun
    > WinAdmins!".
    >
    > - The article you cited in your original post was a week old and
    > was attributed to The Register(!) - motto "Biting the hand that
    > feeds IT".
    >
    > - Your past posts.


    ....and your reply was not a feeble flame attempt. Please.

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Oct 21, 2005
    #17
  18. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    McSpreader wrote:

    <snip>

    Warning Troll alert!
    Imhotep, Oct 21, 2005
    #18
  19. "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > McSpreader wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > Warning Troll alert!


    Tsk. So now *everyone* on Planet Earth that disagrees with you is a troll
    trying to start a flame war?

    Don't bother replying.. "I'm not trying to start a flame war" ;o)

    --

    Hairy One Kenobi

    Disclaimer: the opinions expressed in this opinion do not necessarily
    reflect the opinions of the highly-opinionated person expressing the opinion
    in the first place. So there!
    Hairy One Kenobi, Oct 21, 2005
    #19
  20. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Hairy One Kenobi wrote:

    > "Imhotep" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> McSpreader wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> Warning Troll alert!

    >
    > Tsk. So now *everyone* on Planet Earth that disagrees with you is a troll
    > trying to start a flame war?
    >
    > Don't bother replying.. "I'm not trying to start a flame war" ;o)
    >


    Since I have not set my filters (on Sunday's todo list) I will answer one
    last question from you.

    I posted an article for informational purposes. McSpree replied back with
    some new Linux issues. I have no problem with him posting this info, he
    should (with a new thread). However, he posted his linux info trying to
    provoke some kind of flame war. As I said before, I give him credit for
    posting the info, it was really helpful. However, his intent was lame.

    So with that being said, I trust this thread is dead.

    Imhotep
    Imhotep, Oct 22, 2005
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Allan H-E

    Sum Of All Fears DVD

    Allan H-E, Oct 18, 2003, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    360
    Allan H-E
    Oct 18, 2003
  2. Imhotep

    Fears raised over digital rights...

    Imhotep, Jan 17, 2006, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    409
    Imhotep
    Jan 17, 2006
  3. Imhotep

    Hacker fears 'UFO cover-up'

    Imhotep, May 6, 2006, in forum: Computer Security
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    612
    Solbu
    May 9, 2006
  4. Mutlley

    University bans wi-fi over health fears

    Mutlley, Feb 27, 2006, in forum: NZ Computing
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    358
    Jerry
    Feb 28, 2006
  5. Theo Markettos

    VOIP over VPN over TCP over WAP over 3G

    Theo Markettos, Feb 3, 2008, in forum: UK VOIP
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    877
    Theo Markettos
    Feb 14, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page