    the attached file. "

    http://www.cio-today.com/news/Experts-Warn-of-Kama-Sutra-Worm/story.xhtml?story_id=12100465ZLIH

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Imhotep

    PA Bear Guest

    See http://blogs.technet.com/antimalware/archive/2006/1/26.aspx and
    http://isc.sans.org/diary.php?storyid=1067
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Shell/User, Security), Aumha.org VSOP, DTS-L.org

    PA Bear, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Imhotep

    JTJersey Guest

    On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:30:56 -0500, Imhotep wrote:

    > "Security analysts are warning computer users about a new and potentially
    > destructive Internet worm that can obliterate important documents. The
    > worm, called Kama Sutra, is making the rounds now, but is scheduled to
    > execute its first massive attack on February 3.

    How does it know it's obliterating "important documents" as opposed to
    mundane, expendable documents?

    > Detected last week, the malicious worm targets computers running Windows and
    > spreads primarily by copying itself to shared network locations and then
    > sending itself to e-mail addresses found on afflicted computers. With
    > subject lines that read "the best videoclip ever," "give me a kiss," and
    > "school girl fantasies gone bad," the worm entices computer users to open
    > the attached file. "

    Do people really open files with subject lines that?

    JTJersey, Jan 28, 2006
  4. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    JTJersey wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 23:30:56 -0500, Imhotep wrote:
    >
    >> "Security analysts are warning computer users about a new and potentially
    >> destructive Internet worm that can obliterate important documents. The
    >> worm, called Kama Sutra, is making the rounds now, but is scheduled to
    >> execute its first massive attack on February 3.

    > How does it know it's obliterating "important documents" as opposed to
    > mundane, expendable documents?

    Not sure...

    >> Detected last week, the malicious worm targets computers running Windows
    >> and spreads primarily by copying itself to shared network locations and
    >> then sending itself to e-mail addresses found on afflicted computers.
    >> With subject lines that read "the best videoclip ever," "give me a kiss,"
    >> and "school girl fantasies gone bad," the worm entices computer users to
    >> open the attached file. "

    > Do people really open files with subject lines that?

    Yes, there are really stupid people out there......

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Jan 29, 2006
  5. Imhotep

    Edw. Peach Guest

    This site gives a little more information:
    http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/?p=2237

    It states: "The overwriting part is the nastiest aspect of the
    payload - on the third day of each month it will overwrite the
    contents of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel files, Adobe PDF
    documents and ZIP and RAR compressed files (the complete list of files
    affected are DOC, XLS, MDB, MDE, PPT, PPS, ZIP, RAR, PDF, PSD and DMP
    extension)."

    Edw. Peach, Jan 30, 2006