    Hi,

    Can I use 64 bits Security Esscential for Win7_64 in XP_64 ?

    thanks
    bob, Dec 17, 2009

  2. bob

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Bob:
    Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based in information
    listed on the download page. I tried to install the x64 version on a test
    system and it doesn't install, I didn't waste time trying to install the x86
    version. Reading the information can be interpreted as having XP x86 support
    only for use when using XP x86 on a virtual machine or in XP mode.

    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4694 (20091216) __________

    http://www.eset.com
    Dennis Pack, Dec 17, 2009

  3. No, it won't install and isn't supported on XP x64. Too bad, since I really
    like it for an A-V solution.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Dec 17, 2009
  4. bob

    ComputerWizz Guest

    Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based System Sorry , as i herd i
    dont think there going to make a version , try using Avg Free Edition or Avas
    , if ou dont mind paying about $30 a year , i recommend ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    --
    ComputerWizz

    ComputerWizz, Dec 21, 2009