    the $100-200 range. I'd appreciate your suggestions.
    re5513
    , Aug 5, 2006

  2. nemo_outis Guest

    "" <> wrote in news:1154739164.986097.86580
    @b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > I am looking for recomendations on security enclosures for a desktop
    > (tower) PC. I want the computer to be totally enclosed so that all
    > connections to/from the computer cannot be tampered with. The
    > enclosure should be vented to allow for adequate cooling of the PC.
    > Top priority is unauthorized access to the computer, cables,
    > connection, and peripheral DSL modem. I am looking for something in
    > the $100-200 range. I'd appreciate your suggestions.
    > re5513

    Full shielding with proper red/black separation will cost a great deal more
    than that.

    If security of cables worries you, I suggest using a laptop.

    Regards,
    nemo_outis, Aug 5, 2006

  3. Moe Trin Guest

    On 4 Aug 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
    <>, wrote:

    >I am looking for recomendations on security enclosures for a desktop
    >(tower) PC. I want the computer to be totally enclosed so that all
    >connections to/from the computer cannot be tampered with. The
    >enclosure should be vented to allow for adequate cooling of the PC.
    >Top priority is unauthorized access to the computer, cables,
    >connection, and peripheral DSL modem.

    Can't say that I've ever seen a full enclosure. Several problems - there
    is no standards, and this relates to case size, location of air inlet and
    exhaust points.

    I suspect that if you want to block access to the cables, you'll have to
    create a custom cover to replace the existing case cover (or at least
    secured to that case), with a lockable hatch in the rear. Keeping the
    computer cool _will_ be a significant problem, almost certainly requiring
    additional fans. Both Bud and Hammond make racks that might be adopted,
    but these are going to be EXTREMELY space inefficient and ugly.

    >I am looking for something in the $100-200 range.

    Quantity? That won't pay for a custom run of 10 to 20 (see your local
    sheet metal shops).

    Old guy
    Moe Trin, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Notan Guest

    "" wrote:

    > I am looking for recomendations on security enclosures for a desktop
    > (tower) PC. I want the computer to be totally enclosed so that all
    > connections to/from the computer cannot be tampered with. The
    > enclosure should be vented to allow for adequate cooling of the PC.
    > Top priority is unauthorized access to the computer, cables,
    > connection, and peripheral DSL modem. I am looking for something in
    > the $100-200 range. I'd appreciate your suggestions.
    > re5513

    How 'bout a lock on the door? <g>

    Notan
    Notan, Aug 6, 2006
  5. Todd H. Guest

    http://www.globalindustrial.com/gcs...ategoryKey=1618&REQ_SUB_CAT=Computer Cabinets

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Aug 7, 2006
  6. Ludovic Joly Guest

  7. The Dude Guest

    "Moe Trin" <> wrote in message
    > On 4 Aug 2006, in the Usenet newsgroup alt.computer.security, in article
    > <>,
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for recomendations on security enclosures for a desktop
    >>(tower) PC. I want the computer to be totally enclosed so that all
    >>connections to/from the computer cannot be tampered with. The
    >>enclosure should be vented to allow for adequate cooling of the PC.
    >>Top priority is unauthorized access to the computer, cables,
    >>connection, and peripheral DSL modem.

    > Can't say that I've ever seen a full enclosure. Several problems - there
    > is no standards, and this relates to case size, location of air inlet and
    > exhaust points.
    >
    > I suspect that if you want to block access to the cables, you'll have to
    > create a custom cover to replace the existing case cover (or at least
    > secured to that case), with a lockable hatch in the rear. Keeping the
    > computer cool _will_ be a significant problem, almost certainly requiring
    > additional fans. Both Bud and Hammond make racks that might be adopted,
    > but these are going to be EXTREMELY space inefficient and ugly.
    >
    >>I am looking for something in the $100-200 range.

    > Quantity? That won't pay for a custom run of 10 to 20 (see your local
    > sheet metal shops).
    >
    > Old guy

    Is there any ratio between the value of the assets and the cost to protect
    them?

    The Dude
    The Dude, Aug 10, 2006
  8. The Dude Guest

    "Notan" <> wrote in message
    > "" wrote:
    >>
    >> I am looking for recomendations on security enclosures for a desktop
    >> (tower) PC. I want the computer to be totally enclosed so that all
    >> connections to/from the computer cannot be tampered with. The
    >> enclosure should be vented to allow for adequate cooling of the PC.
    >> Top priority is unauthorized access to the computer, cables,
    >> connection, and peripheral DSL modem. I am looking for something in
    >> the $100-200 range. I'd appreciate your suggestions.
    >> re5513

    > How 'bout a lock on the door? <g>

    It has to be a cipher lock plus the door has to be iron or steel, at least a
    bodyguard outside and a mantrap inside ...

    The Dude
    The Dude, Aug 10, 2006