    it?

    Thanks,

    Matt
    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=, Apr 8, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:

    > Ok, I am looking at the MCSE security requirements. Why Security+ but not
    > CISSP? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Anyone know the logic behind
    > it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Matt

    Maybe because someone who's got an CISSP doesn't go back and get an
    MCSE. That would be illogical.
    --

    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43
    catwalker63, Apr 9, 2007

  3. How would that be illogical?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=, Apr 9, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Consultant Guest

    every cissp i know is a complete idiot when it comes to ms products. come to
    think of it, they are just idiots. the whole security consultant gig is a
    big scam

    Consultant, Apr 9, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Joe Guest

    Yeah right......sour grapes et al....

    Joe, Apr 9, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:

    > How would that be illogical?

    The CISSP is an real elite certification, properly protected. The MCSE
    and Security+ are not. They are not remotely in the same league and
    they don't use the same system. A CISSP does not need an MCSE. It's
    like graduating from college and then going to kindergarten.

    catwalker63, Apr 9, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    > Matt Pardo piffled away vaguely:
    >

    >> How would that be illogical?
    >>

    > The CISSP is an real elite certification, properly protected. The MCSE
    > and Security+ are not. They are not remotely in the same league and
    > they don't use the same system. A CISSP does not need an MCSE. It's
    > like graduating from college and then going to kindergarten.

    So basically, if you're planning on teaching at Kindergarten, you need to
    get your CISSP first, then get your MCSE?

    Children Is Such Saintly Peaches, then More Children Standing Everywhere.
    Frisbee®, Apr 9, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    Frisbee® piffled away vaguely:

    > "catwalker63" <> wrote in message
    >> The CISSP is an real elite certification, properly protected. The MCSE
    >> and Security+ are not. They are not remotely in the same league and
    >> they don't use the same system. A CISSP does not need an MCSE. It's
    >> like graduating from college and then going to kindergarten.

    > So basically, if you're planning on teaching at Kindergarten, you need to
    > get your CISSP first, then get your MCSE?
    >
    > Children Is Such Saintly Peaches, then More Children Standing Everywhere.

    TMML

    catwalker63, Apr 9, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Consultant Guest

    not at all

    Consultant, Apr 10, 2007
  10. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Grog in Ohio Guest

    "Matt Pardo" <> wrote in message
    > Ok, I am looking at the MCSE security requirements. Why Security+ but not
    > CISSP? That doesn't seem to make sense to me. Anyone know the logic behind
    > it?

    I have no idea where some people get their information but much posted here
    is simply wrong. I got my MCSE several years ago and the MCSE:Security as
    soon as it was available. I got the CISSP mid 2006. The certs are
    completely unrelated. MCSE shows you know what you're doing with Microsoft
    products. The CISSP has absolutely nothing to do with Microsoft products
    but rather security policy, encryption, disaster recovery, physical
    security, access control, legal and regulatory issues, telecomm, etc. Not
    one word about networking or Windows.

    https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/request_studyguide.cgi?displaycategory=694

    Grog
    Grog in Ohio, Apr 11, 2007
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Grog in Ohio" <> say in

    > Not
    > one word about networking or Windows.

    OH! So it's a useful cert...

    *snigger*

    *runs from certification police*

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - I object to sex on TV. I keep falling off!
    Neil, Apr 11, 2007
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> say in

    > OH! So it's a useful cert...
    >
    > *snigger*
    >
    > *runs from certification police*

    I think I know now why I will never be an MVP

    BWAHAHAHAHA!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Never test for an error that you don't know how to handle.
    Neil, Apr 11, 2007
  13. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    MitchS Guest

    > *snigger*
    >
    > *runs from certification police*

    *snigger*
    what certification police?
    --
    MitchS
    MitchS, Apr 18, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    MitchS Guest

    > I think I know now why I will never be an MVP
    >
    > BWAHAHAHAHA!

    By the power not vested in me I now proclaim you an honorary Most Verbose
    Poaster.
    Let's celebrate.
    *streamers fall, firework launch, and kegs are tapped*

    --
    MitchS
    MitchS, Apr 18, 2007
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    kpg Guest

    "MitchS" <> wrote in news:OP11rzZgHHA.4416
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > *snigger*

    I don't think you can say that on the radio,
    kpg, Apr 18, 2007
  16. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > I don't think you can say that on the radio,

    You're thinking of "hoe".
    Jtyc, Apr 18, 2007
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear kpg <> say in

    >> *snigger*

    > I don't think you can say that on the radio,

    sure, but I can call my homeboys whatever I want. I call them geeks
    (though outside of IT that appearently is a derogitory term).

    <fx=Wierd Al>
    "look at me, I'm white and nerdy"
    </fx>

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Just because I don't care doesn't meant I don't understand.
    Neil, Apr 18, 2007
  18. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Jtyc" <> say in

    > You're thinking of "hoe".

    please see "corner gas"

    "So we need a tourist attraction like a giant goose or something. We're a
    farming community, what should we do?"

    "How about a giant hoe?"

    *snort*

    "Since we're a farming community it could be a dirty hoe"

    *guffaw*

    "Who's going to maintain this thing? It might get broken or something?"

    *under-breath* "Crack-hoe! We're thinking of having a giant dirty crack
    hoe in the middle of town!"

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Necessity is a mother.
    Neil, Apr 18, 2007
  19. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    MitchS piffled away vaguely:

    >> I think I know now why I will never be an MVP
    >>
    >> BWAHAHAHAHA!

    > By the power not vested in me I now proclaim you an honorary Most Verbose
    > Poaster.
    > Let's celebrate.
    > *streamers fall, firework launch, and kegs are tapped*

    Congratulations Neil! We're so proud of you!!!

    catwalker63, Apr 18, 2007
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dCBQYXJkbw==?=

    > MitchS piffled away vaguely:
    >

    >> "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I think I know now why I will never be an MVP
    >>>
    >>> BWAHAHAHAHA!

    >> By the power not vested in me I now proclaim you an honorary Most Verbose
    >> Poaster.
    >> Let's celebrate.
    >> *streamers fall, firework launch, and kegs are tapped*
    >>

    > Congratulations Neil! We're so proud of you!!!

    Compared to the Neil of yore, this one isn't even visible.

    But then neither are any of us.
    Frisbee®, Apr 18, 2007