    was the needed passing score.

    I'm very interested in passing but don't want to use the wrong materials.

    Thanks
    JSIC (Justified Soley In Christ), Aug 12, 2005

  2. Just a clarification. Minimum passing score on the Security+ is 764 not 700.
    Just an FYI, CompTIA doesn't seem to weigh their questions, so you can miss
    up to 17 of the 100 questions on the exam before you fail.. Also I
    personally recommend the MS book you're thinking about purchasing.

    The real advice as for studying is to know your Algorithms in and out, and
    have a firm understanding for Certificate Services, and ports numbers and
    protocols as well. Good luck on the retake.

    --
    rev

    MCT/MCNGP #44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 16, 2005

  3. JSIC (Justified Soley In Christ)

    Dr.Nova Guest

    I took the test last April and passed it using the book "Security+ Prep
    Guide" written by Ronald Krutz & Russell Vines. It's a very good book,
    although you might find some sections are more difficult than the average
    certification book. I read the book 3 times and then I passed the exam with
    flying colors! It's a book and CD package so there are plenty of questions
    to evaluate your knowledge on the subject.

    Dr.Nova, Aug 16, 2005
  4. Good Morning "The Rev"

    You know what your are correct re: the minimum passing score being 764.
    When I was wrote my posting I was thinking about the MCDST min. passing
    score.. You're right. But Great, I'll greatful to hear that someone of your
    status has recommended the MS book. I'm so confident in your second opinion
    about the book that I will go ahead a purchase it today. I'll also make sure
    that I know those targeted areas like clock work before my retake.

    Thanks,
    JSIC

    JSIC (Justified Soley In Christ), Aug 16, 2005
  5. Your welcome, but don't take just my word for it.

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...103-5681322-3555808?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

    --
    rev

    MCT/MCNGP #44
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Aug 16, 2005
  6. Thanks again "The Rev"

    I was actually thinking of doing just that. Which is purchasing the book
    through Amazon or one of the other big time sellers.

    Thanks again.
    JSIC

    JSIC (Justified Soley In Christ), Aug 16, 2005
  7. Good Morning "Dr.Nova"

    Good for you that you knocked the exam out like a Cake Walk!!
    Thanks for your recommendation re: which book to use. I'm looking forward
    to becoming certified. Thanks again

    JSIC

    JSIC (Justified Soley In Christ), Aug 16, 2005