    can't seem to find any info on it. CISSP worthwhile?

    Thanks!

    Randy

    WOW, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Mark Fugatt [MVP], Jun 23, 2004

  3. Hi WOW,

    Security is the hottest thing at the moment. If you want to enter this field, you might like to try Microsoft certification on security. Security, from Microsoft, is on specialization that comes with either MCSA or MCSE.

    For specialization on Security in MCSA, please follow this link :
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/security/windowsserver2003.asp

    For specialization on Security in MCSE, please follow this link:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/security/windowsserver2003.asp

    However, if you want to try out to see if security is indeed for you, you might want to try Security+ from CompTIA. If you get through with this, you can then combine it with your other MCP results to achieve Security specialization for either MCSA or MCSE.

    CISSP and SSCP for this matter are meant for those already in the Security field. These are tougher certifications to get, to maintain and more expensive as well as much more exclusive but the reward needless to say, is extremely exciting. These certifications cover more than just network or IT. For more info, follow this link:
    https://www.isc2.org/cgi-bin/index.cgi

    Hope this help.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Jun 23, 2004
  4. WOW

    Steve Guest

    If you do not already have experience in network
    security...go for the Security+ first (comptia.org)
    before you jump into CISSP

    CISSP is a very hard test that many security people don't
    pass the 1st time

    Steve, Jun 23, 2004
  5. WOW

    WOW Guest

    Thanks for all the advice. I did find out about the Microsoft stuff and
    just finished a course in Microsoft security (for test 70-299). It was
    awesome!! This is definitely something that I'll pursue further. I'll look
    into the Security+, I had never paid much attention to it before. I've hear
    the CISSP is a mile wide but only and inch deep - meaning broad subject
    material, but not much in depth into any specific area.

    Randy

    WOW, Jun 25, 2004
  6. WOW

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "WOW" <> wrote in message
    > I've hear the CISSP is a mile wide but only and inch deep - meaning broad

    subject
    > material, but not much in depth into any specific area.

    I've heard this about the Security+.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 25, 2004