  1. Panrock

    Panrock Guest

    www.copycoder.com

    Panrock, Jun 28, 2005

  2. In article <42c16833$>,
    "Panrock" <> wrote:

    >www.copycoder.com

    It's essentially a stream cipher. And the stupid thing about it is,
    every message is enciphered with the same stream! This leads to the
    well-known weakness where if you can get hold of two encrypted messages,
    you can XOR them and get some clues to the messages, and thereby to the
    cipher as well.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jun 30, 2005

  3. Panrock

    Skycloud Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > In article <42c16833$>,
    > "Panrock" <> wrote:
    >
    > >www.copycoder.com

    > It's essentially a stream cipher. And the stupid thing about it is,
    > every message is enciphered with the same stream! This leads to the
    > well-known weakness where if you can get hold of two encrypted messages,
    > you can XOR them and get some clues to the messages, and thereby to the
    > cipher as well.

    Two things to bear in mind:

    1) I don't claim this to be a serious encryption device. It's just a _toy_
    for spy-minded kids.

    2) Re: the single key, these little panels will be spread around so thinly
    for the forseeable future that more than two people at a time are unlikely
    ever to use one together. And if they do, then they'll form a sort of
    copycoder 'club'... i.e, it's a game for children and teens.

    Steve

    PS. There was a prototype also developed using variable key codes
    (hexagonal, rotatable segements containing binary-numbered element
    combinations) but there was no point - software encryption is so much
    better. I expect this simple version to be more successful in the market
    it's intended for...

    www.copycoder.com
    www.radiocraft.co.uk

    Skycloud, Jun 30, 2005
  4. In article <>, "Skycloud" <>
    wrote:

    >"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    >> In article <42c16833$>,
    >> "Panrock" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >www.copycoder.com

    >> It's essentially a stream cipher. And the stupid thing about it is,
    >> every message is enciphered with the same stream! This leads to the
    >> well-known weakness where if you can get hold of two encrypted messages,
    >> you can XOR them and get some clues to the messages, and thereby to the
    >> cipher as well.

    >1) I don't claim this to be a serious encryption device. It's just a _toy_
    >for spy-minded kids.

    Won't the spy-minded kids have more fun doing this sort of thing on the
    computer?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 16, 2005