    Is there some kind of software available that would notify me of any
    security breaches?

    -AKA

    =?Utf-8?B?QUtBIFNwYXdu?=, Aug 12, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QUtBIFNwYXdu?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    When using Entry Level Wireless hardware configured as a peer to peer
    Network there is No simple software solution to control traffic since the
    traffic flows through devices (Wireless Routers/Access Point) that where not
    designed for live reports.

    If you are using WPA the probability to be hacked is relatively low.

    If some one "Leeches" to your Wireless he has to obtain an IP from your
    Network. Occasional look at the Wireless Router/Access Point Wireless Client
    list can show you whether there is a "Rouge" connection (look at your
    Wireless Device manual to find the Clients list menu).

    Otherwise use the best secure method that you can.

    WEP, WPA, WPA2- http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html

    Wireless Segregation - http://www.ezlan.net/shield.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "AKA Spawn" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a wireless network with WPA encryption active on both the router

    and
    > the network. I wondering if there's anyway to know if someone hacked into

    my

    Jack, Aug 12, 2005

  3. Jack,

    Thanks for the info. I do remember seeing something about Wireless Clients
    in my router configuration. Also, thank you for providing other sources for
    wireless security.

    -AKA

    =?Utf-8?B?QUtBIFNwYXdu?=, Aug 12, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QUtBIFNwYXdu?=

    N. Miller Guest

    On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:38:00 -0400, Jack wrote:

    > Occasional look at the Wireless Router/Access Point Wireless Client
    > list can show you whether there is a "Rouge" connection...

    Will it show a "Bleu" connection? {Sorry, I couldn't resist. But "rouge"
    seems to be an extremely common typo for "rogue"!}

    --
    Norman
    ~Fin dein a loluca, En dragu a sei lain

    N. Miller, Aug 12, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QUtBIFNwYXdu?=

    Fitz Guest

    Try "Look@Lan". Freeware. Do a Google.

    Fitz, Aug 13, 2005
  6. Fitz,

    Thanks a million for that link to Look@Lan. It's just what I was hoping to
    find. Makes it easier to track multiple computers from one location. Many
    props to you for this little freeware gem :)

    -AKA

    =?Utf-8?B?QUtBIFNwYXdu?=, Aug 14, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?QUtBIFNwYXdu?=

    Fitz Guest

    You're welcome. Glad it's what you were looking for.

    Fitz, Aug 14, 2005