    In short, I believe we need to control access to predetermined folders/files
    for each User, on each computer.

    Dave
    Dave, Nov 26, 2008

  2. When sharing folders or files, it enables everyone by default. What you need
    to do is removing the everyone group and add the user whom you allow to
    access the folders or files. This how to may help too.
    How to enable windows sharing
    Domain network sharing - Macintosh file sharing ... Sharing Printers
    and Files over a private network · Internet access sharing. Remote Access
    www.howtonetworking.com/Networking/enablesharing0.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Nov 26, 2008

  3. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Thank you Robert, we appreciate the your help -

    Based upon reading your referenced material (very good), I think this
    problem is a little over my head, and I would probably screw up the network
    even worse if I were to try and correct the problem myself. Don't know what
    to do next, probably should get a pro in to look at it. This could be
    tricky, since the fellow that set it up considers himself to be one. (I bet
    you never ran into that situation before - just kidding.)

    Thank you, though, I may forward the website you referenced to him. It's a
    gamble, but I think it will have the desired affect. :)

    Thanks again -
    Dave

    Dave, Nov 27, 2008