Secureix service question

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Sam Bertui, Feb 19, 2006.

  1. Sam Bertui

    Sam Bertui Guest

    Could someone give me some input on this site:

    www.secureix.com

    I took out their freebie service mainly to learn a bit about VPN.
    Anyway, finally got Dun v1.4 working (previously on Dun 1.3) and can
    vpn-connect to it ok.

    My questions are,

    (1) why does my IP address, given by my isp, remain visible? i.e. when I
    go to a website that does DNS look-ups of the form what is my ip
    address. I thought that having a VPN would give a different IP address??
    The brief blurb on this site leads to that expectation anyway.

    (2) Apart from routing my DNS look-ups (in web browsing)to another DNS
    server, this service doesn't seem to be doing anything.

    OR should i be configuring something else, either in windows, or in Firefox?

    Thanks for any feedback.
    Sam Bertui, Feb 19, 2006

  2. Sam Bertui

    Guest

    I don't know this service but my guess is that you need to configure
    your web browser to use a proxy server they should make available...

    Kind regards
    Ludovic Joly
    , Feb 20, 2006