    Please help me!

    Geets
    Tnx

    DJ, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Drop it,

    Just harden your server according to Microsoft guidelines and install
    UrlScan.
    Don't forget to set up the File System permissions correctly.
    Enable logging (and take a look at them every once in a while).
    In IIS setup proper security policies to allow anonymous and authenticated
    access. Enable what appropriate, don't forget to keep BASIC authentication
    disabled.

    That should give a good start.

    And in the process, don't forget to give your accounts good passwords,
    create a policy to enforce it and disable the guest account.

    This makes the server as a whole much more reliable, as the foundation is
    hardened, not a single aspect of the system. Of course a decent firewall
    should be installed.

    - Joris

    Joris Dobbelsteen, Oct 15, 2004