    connection a secure one so others cant randomly use my connection.
    I have a d-link wireless router im not sure if this makes a
    difference.anyone know how to help?

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9tMnZw?=, Aug 20, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dG9tMnZw?=

    Dave Guest

    you can start by opening the manual that comes with the router and see if it
    does wpa or wep encryption and then following their instructions to set it
    up.

    Dave, Aug 20, 2005

  3. In addition here are some articles and links that may be of interest...

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05february10.mspx

    http://www.kurtm.net/wpa-pskgen/

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/wifisecurity

    http://www.broadbandreports.com/faq/wlan/40.0 Security#10907