Secure Wireless not working in VISTA

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGlsZWVzaA==?=, Apr 2, 2007.

  1. I am facing some problem when I try connecting to my wireless network with
    CISCO ACS Certificate . To explain in detail, in my office network there is
    wireless connection and I was able to connect to the same without any issues
    when I was using WEP key .But last week they moved to this authentication
    based on certificate (CISCO ACS) and then I am not able to connect from my
    VISTA. We are using CISCO Aeronet 1200 Series(AIR-AP1231G-A-K9).Employees who
    use XP are not having any issues. These are the steps that I did

    In the properties, security tab and
    In the security type drop down values I chose 802.1X and
    In the Encryption type drop down WEP.

    In the network authentication method drop down I chose PEAP and checked the
    checkbox next to "cache user information for subsequent connections to this
    network "then
    clicked setting and in the window that opened

    I have enabled "Validate Server certificate" and in the Trusted Root
    certifcation Authorities I have enabled the certificate that was given by my
    network team and which I installed in my PC.

    I have enabled "Do not prompt user to authorise new servers or trusted
    certification authorities".

    In the "Select Authentication Method" drop down I chose EAP-MSCHAP v2 and I
    have enabled the "Enable Fast Reconnect" option as well.

    Then I clicked "Configure" button and have enabled "Automatically use my
    Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)

    DETAILED LOG:
    --------------

    Root cause:
    Windows cannot connect to "mobile"
    Windows was unable to verify the identity of the server.

    Detailed root cause:
    EAP authentication failed because Windows could not verify the authenticity
    of the server's certificate
    Workaround for hypothesis: Contact the network administrator for "mobile"

    Information for connection being diagnosed
    Interface GUID: {50e2e69e-29ab-47af-9401-e19158427ae4}
    Interface name: Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
    Interface type: Native WiFi
    Profile: mobile
    SSID: mobile
    SSID length: 6
    Connection mode: Infra
    Security enabled: Yes
    Connection ID: 8
    Security settings provided by hardware manufacturer (IHV): No
    Profile matches network requirements: Yes
    Pre-Association and association status: Success
    Security and Authentication:
    Configured security type: Open
    Configured Encryption type: WEP
    Security connect status: Fail 0x0003800b
    Number of security packets received: 6
    Number of security packets sent: 6
    802.1X protocol: Yes
    Authentication Identity: Invalid
    IAS Server engaged: No
    EAP Method supported by IAS Server: Unknown
    EAP type: 0
    EAP Error: Unknown
    Number of 802.1X restarts: 1
    Number of 802.1X failures: 1