    What do I do?

    Thanks,
    John in Houston

    John A. Merullo, Apr 9, 2005

  2. John A. Merullo wrote:
    > Hi everyone! I've been a Firefox user for several months now and,
    > overall, I'm very pleased with it. I've never cared for Internet
    > Exploder--I used Netscape at work until I was essentially ordered not to.
    >
    > One problem I've been having is accessing secure sites. Whenever I try
    > to get to one I get a message that the connection has unexpectedly been
    > terminated.
    >
    > I tried one (that does not involve money) on Internet Exploder and it
    > worked fine, so it must be Firefox.
    >
    > What do I do?

    Not necessarily a Firefox problem - quite possibly the site is only
    configured for Infernal Exploiter. There are still a lot of these.

    You could try e-mailing the webmaster(s) and asking them. Tell them in
    passing that more people are using non-IE browsers now, and it would be
    in their interests to make their site compatible with some of them.

    --
    Regards

    Nigel Stapley

    www.judgemental.plus.com

    <reply-to will bounce>

    Nigel Stapley, Apr 9, 2005

  3. John A. Merullo

    mike555 Guest

    === you might try the extension called "User Agent Switcher", it can be
    set to lie to the website and tell it your using IE , in some cases it
    works ===

    mike555, Apr 9, 2005
  4. John A. Merullo

    Moz Champion Guest

    John A. Merullo wrote:
    > Hi everyone! I've been a Firefox user for several months now and,
    > overall, I'm very pleased with it. I've never cared for Internet
    > Exploder--I used Netscape at work until I was essentially ordered not to.
    >
    > One problem I've been having is accessing secure sites. Whenever I try
    > to get to one I get a message that the connection has unexpectedly been
    > terminated.
    >
    > I tried one (that does not involve money) on Internet Exploder and it
    > worked fine, so it must be Firefox.
    >
    > What do I do?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John in Houston

    Do you use a proxy for accessing the web? Your access server may not be
    configured to allow FF to secure sites.

    Moz Champion, Apr 10, 2005
  5. Moz Champion wrote:
    > John A. Merullo wrote:
    >
    >> Hi everyone! I've been a Firefox user for several months now and,
    >> overall, I'm very pleased with it. I've never cared for Internet
    >> Exploder--I used Netscape at work until I was essentially ordered not to.
    >>
    >> One problem I've been having is accessing secure sites. Whenever I try
    >> to get to one I get a message that the connection has unexpectedly
    >> been terminated.
    >>
    >> I tried one (that does not involve money) on Internet Exploder and it
    >> worked fine, so it must be Firefox.
    >>
    >> What do I do?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> John in Houston

    > Do you use a proxy for accessing the web? Your access server may not be
    > configured to allow FF to secure sites.

    I think that was it! I changed to "auto-detect" and I got through!

    Thanks!
    John

    John A. Merullo, Apr 11, 2005