    unused portions of a drive. I like the command line, so a Windows interface
    is not necessary, a DOS prompt program would be just fine. Thanks for any
    suggestions.
    B. Adams, Oct 18, 2003

  2. On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:45:11 -0400, B. Adams wrote:
    > I'm using Windows 98 and am looking for a program, either commercial,
    > shareware or freeware, that will securely delete files so that they CANNOT
    > be recovered (by cannot, I mean, ideally, not by any intelligence in the
    > known universe). I'd like to be able to delete any file or files I specify,
    > to be able to use wildcards, and also have the option of cleaning or wiping
    > unused portions of a drive. I like the command line, so a Windows interface
    > is not necessary, a DOS prompt program would be just fine. Thanks for any
    > suggestions.

    You could try http://www.tolvanen.com/eraser/ , or http://www.pgpi.org.

    Both applications on the respective sites will do what you desire I'm sure.

    --
    Got MIME ? - http://www.f-prot.com
    Got Win2000/XP & TCP/IP ? - http://www.kerio.com
    Plastic surgery for instance ..., Oct 18, 2003

  3. In article <bmq64p$eulj$>, says...
    > I'm using Windows 98 and am looking for a program, either commercial,
    > shareware or freeware, that will securely delete files so that they CANNOT
    > be recovered (by cannot, I mean, ideally, not by any intelligence in the
    > known universe). I'd like to be able to delete any file or files I specify,
    > to be able to use wildcards, and also have the option of cleaning or wiping
    > unused portions of a drive. I like the command line, so a Windows interface
    > is not necessary, a DOS prompt program would be just fine. Thanks for any
    > suggestions.

    get a blow torch.

    --
    Colonel Flagg