secret service?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The Real Truth MVP, Dec 15, 2008.

  1. The Real Truth MVP, Dec 15, 2008

  2. The Real Truth  MVP

    olfart Guest

    olfart, Dec 15, 2008

  3. The Real Truth  MVP

    chuckcar Guest

    "The Real Truth MVP" <> wrote in
    news:gi4g0a$9la$:

    > Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That
    > could have easily been a knife.
    > http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    Not a chance. He had to be a reporter. I'm ticked off he missed actually.
    Might have kickstarted the twits brain.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Dec 15, 2008
  4. The Real Truth  MVP

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:39:06 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That could
    >have easily been a knife.
    >http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
    foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

    richard, Dec 15, 2008
  5. The Real Truth  MVP

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:33:24 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
    >foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

    <Buzz> wrong.

    Evan Platt, Dec 15, 2008
  6. The Real Truth  MVP

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 03:29:12 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >Not a chance. He had to be a reporter.

    No shit? They only said that about 10 times in the video.

    Evan Platt, Dec 15, 2008
  7. The Real Truth  MVP

    M.L. Guest

    >> Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That
    >> could have easily been a knife.
    >> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    The fact that it was a shoe and not a knife indicates that the SS was
    doing its job.

    M.L., Dec 15, 2008
  8. richard wrote:

    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:39:06 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That
    >>could have easily been a knife.
    >>http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    > I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a foreign
    > country, he's guarded by military people.

    Cite?

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 15, 2008
  9. richard <> wrote in message

    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:39:06 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking.
    >> That could have easily been a knife.
    >> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    > I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
    > foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

    Why don't you believe it? I get the impression you know quite a bit about
    the 'SS'. Perhaps it's my wild imagination running riot.

    Do you have anything you can tell of your experiences which won't get you
    into trouble?

    It sounds exciting.

    Glen Stephenson, Dec 15, 2008
  10. The Real Truth  MVP

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:34:03 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:33:24 -0500, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
    >>foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

    ><Buzz> wrong.

    The US SS only has authority in the USA.
    However, the agents do work in numerous other countries in order to
    provide up to date information in case the Pres. travels. Still, they
    have no legal authority in those countries.

    There may be a small handfull of agents where ever the Pres goes, but
    in the case of Iraq, military protection would be better deployed.

    richard, Dec 15, 2008
  11. The Real Truth  MVP

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 00:19:23 -0800, Blinky the Shark
    <> wrote:

    >richard wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:39:06 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That
    >>>could have easily been a knife.
    >>>http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    >> I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a foreign
    >> country, he's guarded by military people.

    >Cite?

    They may be there like in Iraq, but only as immediate protection. Not
    the entire part of the process. Like who else is gonna provide it in
    Iraq?
    And you can bet your ass that wasn't no unplanned trip either. It just
    wasn't announced.

    I remember back a few presidents ago where one of them was invited to
    some old friend's ranch. When the guy found out what all was needed to
    be done before the visit, he just said, "why don't you pay me a visit
    after your out of office?".

    richard, Dec 15, 2008
  12. The Real Truth  MVP

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:09:47 -0500, richard <>
    wrote:

    >The US SS only has authority in the USA.

    Legally? Perhaps. "Respectfully"? There's a difference. If the
    President wants to travel to say BumFuckEgypt, and he wants to bring
    HIS Secret Service with, generally the leader of BFE allows it. And
    when they carry big guns, 'authority' goes out the window.

    >However, the agents do work in numerous other countries in order to
    >provide up to date information in case the Pres. travels. Still, they
    >have no legal authority in those countries.

    No shit?

    >There may be a small handfull of agents where ever the Pres goes, but
    >in the case of Iraq, military protection would be better deployed.

    Gee, kinda goes against what you first said.

    Evan Platt, Dec 15, 2008
  13. The Real Truth  MVP

    netjerykhet Guest

    Glen Stephenson <> wrote:
    > richard <> wrote in message
    >
    >> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:39:06 -0800, "The Real Truth MVP"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking.
    >>> That could have easily been a knife.
    >>> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    >> I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
    >> foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

    > Why don't you believe it? I get the impression you know quite a bit
    > about the 'SS'. Perhaps it's my wild imagination running riot.
    >
    > Do you have anything you can tell of your experiences which won't get
    > you into trouble?
    >
    > It sounds exciting.

    If richard is or has been secret service and had been involved with
    protection and Government secrets he would unlikely be in a position to
    reveal any of it, so even asking him puts him in a difficult position.

    He couldn't tell you anything even if he wanted to, unless he were to make
    it up, but then how would you know he doesn't make up any of what he says.

    The way he writes his posts would have you beleive he's importent and knowas
    something.

    Stay clear of that guy, he seem dangerous, and by association, Glen you
    might get involved.

    netjerykhet, Dec 15, 2008
  14. The Real Truth  MVP

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:34:27 +0100, "netjerykhet"
    <> wrote:

    >Glen Stephenson <> wrote:
    >> richard <> wrote in message

    >>> I don't believe the SS would be there. When the Pres. goes to a
    >>> foreign country, he's guarded by military people.

    >> Why don't you believe it? I get the impression you know quite a bit
    >> about the 'SS'. Perhaps it's my wild imagination running riot.
    >>
    >> Do you have anything you can tell of your experiences which won't get
    >> you into trouble?
    >>
    >> It sounds exciting.

    >If richard is or has been secret service and had been involved with
    >protection and Government secrets he would unlikely be in a position to
    >reveal any of it, so even asking him puts him in a difficult position.
    >
    >He couldn't tell you anything even if he wanted to, unless he were to make
    >it up, but then how would you know he doesn't make up any of what he says.
    >
    >The way he writes his posts would have you beleive he's importent and knowas
    >something.
    >
    >Stay clear of that guy, he seem dangerous, and by association, Glen you
    >might get involved.

    Sorry but I have never been associated with the US SS in any way.
    However, I did apply with the whitehouse police once.
    Yes doubting thomas there was/is such an animal.

    Now I do have a cousin who works for the DOD. I've asked him what his
    job is even in a generic nature. He can't tell me.
    I have another cousin who flies for the border patrol.

    I'm no more important than you or anyone else here.
    If I were a "know it all" I'd be replying to every post.
    Do you see me doing that?
    I stay out of things I know nothing about. Unlike certain others
    around here.

    I stripped your add on groups.

    richard, Dec 15, 2008
  15. The Real Truth  MVP

    ian field Guest

    "M.L." <> wrote in message

    >>> Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That
    >>> could have easily been a knife.
    >>> http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    > The fact that it was a shoe and not a knife indicates that the SS was
    > doing its job.

    After his presidency I was expecting a cartoon falling anvil.

    ian field, Dec 15, 2008
  16. The Real Truth  MVP

    olfart Guest

    "ian field" <> wrote in message

    > "M.L." <> wrote in message

    >> The fact that it was a shoe and not a knife indicates that the SS was
    >> doing its job.
    >>

    > After his presidency I was expecting a cartoon falling anvil.

    if the anvil hit him in the head....it wouldn't hurt him
    might crack the anvil though

    olfart, Dec 15, 2008
  17. The Real Truth  MVP

    Leythos Guest

    In article <gi4g0a$9la$>, l says...
    > Bush needs to fire all of them. He did do a good job at ducking. That could
    > have easily been a knife.
    > http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=11096193

    Wrong, the people were searched for items that could be weapons. A
    boot/shoe is not considered a weapon once checked.

    The person could have just as easily thrown their camera or other
    reporter items - tape recorder, etc.....

    drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"
    (remove 999 for proper email address)

    Leythos, Dec 15, 2008
  18. On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:40:29 -0600, HEMI-Powered aided th' terraists with
    the following claims :
    [....]
    > The exact opposite problem exists within the United States where
    > the Posse Comitatis Act of 1978 specifically prohibits military
    > forces taking part in ANY law enforcement activities.

    You fucking tool. Bush repealed Posse comitatus.

    http://www.alternet.org

    §ñühwØ£f, Dec 15, 2008
  19. The Real Truth  MVP

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:40:29 -0600, HEMI-Powered aided th' terraists with
    > the following claims :
    > [....]
    > > The exact opposite problem exists within the United States where
    > > the Posse Comitatis Act of 1978 specifically prohibits military
    > > forces taking part in ANY law enforcement activities.

    > You fucking tool. Bush repealed Posse comitatus.

    You might want to stop being a tool yourself and learn a little more
    about it:

    Recent legislative events

    On September 26, 2006, President Bush urged Congress to consider
    revising federal laws so that the U.S. military could seize control
    immediately in the aftermath of a natural disaster, in the wake of
    Hurricane Katrina.

    These changes were included in the John Warner National Defense
    Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122), which was signed
    into law on Oct 17, 2006, subsequently repealed in their entirety.[2]

    Section 1076 is titled "Use of the Armed Forces in major public
    emergencies". It provided that:

    The President may employ the armed forces... to... restore public
    order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a
    natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency,
    terrorist attack or incident, or other condition... the President
    determines that... domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that
    the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of
    maintaining public order... or [to] suppress, in a State, any
    insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy if
    such... a condition... so hinders the execution of the laws... that any
    part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity,
    or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law... or opposes
    or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes
    the course of justice under those laws.[3]

    The actual text is on pages 322?323 of the legislation.

    As of 2008, these changes have been repealed in their entirety,
    reverting to the previous wording of the Insurrection Act.

    NOTE THE PART YOU SEEM TO HAVE MISSED: As of 2008, these changes have

    Leythos, Dec 15, 2008
  20. The Real Truth  MVP

    Aardvark Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 14:07:39 -0500, Leythos wrote:

    > The person could have just as easily thrown their camera or other
    > reporter items - tape recorder, etc.....

    But to Arabs hurling a shoe was much more of an insult towards Bush than
    almost any other object.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com

    Aardvark, Dec 16, 2008