  1. sport

    sport Guest

    windows detect second hard drive but bios does not... why?

    sport, Sep 2, 2003

  2. sport

    RussS Guest

    Depends on how your BIOS is set up.

    RussS, Sep 2, 2003

  3. sport

    sport Guest

    I have a phenoix BIOs

    It's setup the normal way... nothing fancy

    sport, Sep 4, 2003
  4. sport

    sport Guest

    It is set to auto and it doesn't detect anything... mind you that the second
    HDD is NTFS doe4s that make a difference?

    I tried using DELPART.EXE but that doesn't detect the second HDD
    I'm using windows XP on a FAT 32 HDD and the other HDD is .;.... well you
    know

    "Glenn (SBfan2000)" <> wrote in message
    > make sure that the BIOS is looking for new drives on the IDE channel you
    > installed the new drive on! For example if you installed it on the

    primary
    > slave go in and make sure that primary slave is set to "auto" and not

    "none"
    > If it is set to auto and it still doesn't work then select the IDE

    detection

    sport, Sep 4, 2003
  5. sport

    RussS Guest

    I see you have it set for auto detect. I don't have a machine with phoenix
    BIOS in my lab right now for the exact method, but I think you could try to
    set it manually and see how you go there.
    Are you sure your BIOS doesn't detect it? On my home machine it shows that
    no drives are detected on the first screen, but comes up a little later
    showing both of them. Always had me thinking about it, but since it works
    and performs to spec I haven't worried.

    RussS, Sep 4, 2003