    operating system on it as i dont think it needs one. Is this right ??
    thanks

    ---
    Jerry, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Jerry

    bearman Guest

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    news:c577rb$rrk$...
    > I have installed a second hard drive (f) to my pc purely for video

    editing.
    > I want to install pinnacle studio dv onto this drive but the pc
    > automatically tries to load it onto the (c) drive. How do i force it onto
    > the (f) drive. I am running xp home, also the 2nd drive has not got an
    > operating system on it as i dont think it needs one. Is this right ??
    > thanks
    >

    > ---

    Doesn't the install program, at the screen that says it's going to install
    in a certain directory, give you an option of installing it somewhere else.
    Maybe that option pertains just to C: drive; I've never tried to install on
    a different drive but who knows.

    I don't think the 2nd drive needs to have an OS on it, Mine don't.

    Bearman
    bearman, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Jerry

    dennis Guest

    I installed pinnacle studio 8 on my system. If I remember correctly the
    docs advised to have the video's on a second drive, not the application. If
    you have the space on your master drive it should be ok to install it there.
    Mine works like a champ, the only complaint I have is the rendering is
    really, really slow. I don't have a screaming system (P4 2.4/512/533) but
    it is really slow.

    No you do not need a copy of your os on the second drive. You will probably
    need to format it though before it is useable. when I installed my second
    drive (xp pro) it was very straight forward.

    When you do add your second drive, I'd suggest putting it on the other ide
    bus from your boot disk.

    Dennis

    dennis, Apr 10, 2004