    I have not ran Fdisk on it nor have I formated it as I am wary of destroying
    the info on my c and d drives of my master HDD

    I am running windows 98
    Guest, Dec 9, 2004

  2. Guest

    Thor Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:cp9h2c$od3$...
    >I have a partitioned hard drive (C and D) I have just got a second hard
    > drive and have installed it into my pc but when I click on it in my
    > computer
    > it says "E:/ is not accessible A device attached is not functioning"
    >
    > Can anyone give me advice on this issuse?
    >
    > I have not ran Fdisk on it nor have I formated it as I am wary of
    > destroying
    > the info on my c and d drives of my master HDD

    New drives must be partitioned and formatted in order to use them. If it is
    already identifying the drive as E then it might have already been
    partitioned. See if you can format the drive. Right-click on E: and choose
    format.
    Thor, Dec 9, 2004

  3. Guest

    HF Guest

    Well you had better partition and format it or Windows will never see
    it.Check on the drive mfrs website for instal software (free)and/or see
    their FAQ for info on installing.

    HF, Dec 9, 2004
  4. Guest

    HF Guest

    Plus do not be afraid of fdisk. Just let it display drive info.

    HF, Dec 9, 2004
  5. Guest

    Plato Guest

    HF wrote:

    > Well you had better partition and format it or Windows will never see
    > it.Check on the drive mfrs website for instal software (free)and/or see

    All you need to do is partition it for windows to see it. Then you can
    use windows to format it, eg much faster than a dos based format.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Dec 9, 2004