    charger? Will I have to carry two chargers for my two batteries?

    2) Can I at least buy two of the dodgy batteries without also buying
    two chargers (four, actually, since each comes with BOTH a wall and
    a car charger)?

    --
    Please reply to: | "We establish no religion in this country, we
    pciszek at panix dot com | command no worship, we mandate no belief, nor
    Autoreply is disabled | will we ever. Church and state are, and must

    Paul Ciszek, Jun 23, 2012

  2. Paul Ciszek

    RichA Guest

    On Jun 23, 12:51 pm, (Paul Ciszek) wrote:
    > Olympus does not yet sell spare batteries for the OM-D.  Many outfits
    > will gladly sell you an "Olympus OM-D" battery, with charger, and the
    > fine print in the add says that this battery will work only with the
    > charger they supply, not with the charger that came with your OM-D.
    >
    > 1) Will the Olympus battery likewise refuse to charge on the foreign
    >    charger?  Will I have to carry two chargers for my two batteries?
    >
    > 2) Can I at least buy two of the dodgy batteries without also buying
    >    two chargers (four, actually, since each comes with BOTH a wall and
    >    a car charger)?

    You can buy one of their chargers and 4 batteries for $40.00. How
    many batteries would you need?
    Even if they are lying about the capacity, I figure it should be
    enough. Or, buy Olympus batteries. :)

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Oly...527?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item19d14a766f

    RichA, Jun 24, 2012

  3. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    >You can buy one of their chargers and 4 batteries for $40.00. How

    Where? Every deal I have seen is one battery that comes with two
    chargers.

    >many batteries would you need?
    >Even if they are lying about the capacity, I figure it should be
    >enough. Or, buy Olympus batteries. :)
    >
    >http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Oly...527?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item19d14a766f

    Ah, this is the first time I have seen a battery with Olympus' brand
    name on it for sale. No wonder they can ask $400.

    Paul Ciszek, Jun 24, 2012
  4. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <2012062322523829267-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    >On 2012-06-23 22:21:59 -0700, (Paul Ciszek) said:
    >

    >> In article <>,
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> You can buy one of their chargers and 4 batteries for $40.00. How

    >> Where? Every deal I have seen is one battery that comes with two
    >> chargers.
    >>
    >>> many batteries would you need?
    >>> Even if they are lying about the capacity, I figure it should be
    >>> enough. Or, buy Olympus batteries. :)
    >>>

    >http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Oly...527?pt=Batteries_Chargers&hash=item19d14a766f
    >
    >Ah,
    >>>

    >> this is the first time I have seen a battery with Olympus' brand
    >> name on it for sale. No wonder they can ask $400.

    >B&H has the 1220 mAh, BLN-1 listed for $49.95, currently on back order.
    >The charger, BCN-1 is sold separately, and is also listed at $49.95 &
    >available.
    >
    >Adorama has the same BLN-1 listed @ $59.99, also on back order.

    Exactly so--they don't seem to exist yet. Now, whomever is selling
    four matching batteries and one charger for $40, I would like to find
    out about. As I said, every deal I have seen is one batter, two
    chargers.

    And, based on my recent experience, I would say two batteries is a
    minimum.

    Paul Ciszek, Jun 24, 2012
  5. Paul Ciszek

    Paul Ciszek Guest

    In article <>,
    RichA <> wrote:

    >You can buy one of their chargers and 4 batteries for $40.00. How
    >many batteries would you need?

    Please, where did you see this offer? That would be perfect.

    Paul Ciszek, Jun 25, 2012