    Amazon ( USA ) shipped this to me on the 17th December.
    Received it this morning ! ( 23rd December ) - I'm in England by the way !
    Now THAT'S what I call fast !
    Andy Upton, Dec 23, 2006

  2. Andy Upton

    mbcUK Guest

    Andy Upton wrote:
    > Amazon ( USA ) shipped this to me on the 17th December.
    > Received it this morning ! ( 23rd December ) - I'm in England by the
    > way ! Now THAT'S what I call fast !

    Season 9 of what (out of interest) and yes that is fast

    Martin
    mbcUK, Dec 23, 2006

  3. Andy Upton

    Andy Upton Guest

    OOPS !
    Season 9 of The Simpsons !

    Andy Upton, Dec 23, 2006
  4. Andy Upton

    Simon Robson Guest

    Received my copy today from playusa.com after it was posted on 8th December,
    had to collect it from my Mail Sorting Office and pay a customs charge of
    £8.37, altogether cost me £33.36.

    Simon

    Simon Robson, Dec 23, 2006
  5. Andy Upton

    Lordy.UK Guest

    > > Amazon ( USA ) shipped this to me on the 17th December.
    > > Received it this morning ! ( 23rd December )

    > Season 9 of what (out of interest) and yes that is fast

    Bah, I once received a DVD from DVDSoon in three days (Canada to UK).
    Now that was impressive, especially considering everyone else was
    waiting about three months :)

    --
    Lordy.UK
    Lordy.UK, Dec 23, 2006
  6. Andy Upton

    Andy Upton Guest

    This is how my payment to Amazon (USA) worked out :
    DVD = $32.48 (£16.59)
    Shipping and Handling = $6.98 (£3.56)
    Total cost = $39.46 (£20.15)
    It came in a large box sandwiched between two inflated bags to prevent
    damage.

    Andy Upton, Dec 23, 2006
  7. Andy Upton

    Simon Robson Guest

    Bet you didn't have to pay a Customs Charge either

    Simon

    Simon Robson, Dec 24, 2006
  8. Andy Upton

    Adrian A Guest

    Lordy.UK wrote:
    >>> Amazon ( USA ) shipped this to me on the 17th December.
    >>> Received it this morning ! ( 23rd December )

    >> Season 9 of what (out of interest) and yes that is fast

    > Bah, I once received a DVD from DVDSoon in three days (Canada to UK).
    > Now that was impressive, especially considering everyone else was
    > waiting about three months :)

    The quickest international DVD I recieved was from EzyDVD in two days
    (Australia to UK) and that was this time of year when you expect slight
    delays.
    Adrian A, Dec 24, 2006
  9. Andy Upton

    Simon Robson Guest

    Did you have to pay for Custom Charges?

    Simon

    Simon Robson, Dec 24, 2006
  10. Andy Upton

    Simon Robson Guest

    Have to use Amazon.Com next time I think

    Did you have to pay a custom charge though?

    Simon

    Simon Robson, Dec 24, 2006
  11. Andy Upton

    Andy Upton Guest

    No I didn't !

    Andy Upton, Dec 24, 2006
  12. Andy Upton

    Adrian A Guest

    Simon Robson wrote:
    > Did you have to pay for Custom Charges?

    No, it was less than £18
    Adrian A, Dec 24, 2006
  13. Andy Upton

    Simon Robson Guest

    Lucky

    First time I've had to pay a customs charge with playusa.com

    Simon

    Simon Robson, Dec 24, 2006
  14. Andy Upton

    Simon Robson Guest

    May go back to Amazon.Com next time if you don't have to pay a customs
    charge

    Simon

    Simon Robson, Dec 24, 2006
  15. Andy Upton

    Adrian A Guest

    Simon Robson wrote:
    > May go back to Amazon.Com next time if you don't have to pay a customs
    > charge
    >
    > Simon

    If what you import costs more than £18 then you're liable for customs
    charges, many people are lucky and things slip through but this can't be
    guaranteed wherever you buy from.
    Adrian A, Dec 24, 2006
  16. Andy Upton

    Simon Robson Guest

    Yeah they say that but

    It's wierd cause last year I got Season 7 DVD at this time for £23.99 but
    didn't have to pay a customs charge nor did I for Season 8 DVD whih was
    £24.99

    Work that one out

    Simon

    Simon Robson, Dec 24, 2006
  17. Andy Upton

    Adrian A Guest

    Simon Robson wrote:
    > Yeah they say that but
    >
    > It's wierd cause last year I got Season 7 DVD at this time for £23.99
    > but didn't have to pay a customs charge nor did I for Season 8 DVD
    > whih was £24.99
    >
    > Work that one out

    You were lucky, so have I been on most occasions, the only time I paid
    customs charges was for 24 season five. It ended up costing me £1.35 more
    than Play.
    Adrian A, Dec 24, 2006
  18. Andy Upton

    Lordy.UK Guest

    > > > May go back to Amazon.Com next time if you don't have to pay
    > > > a customs charge

    > > If what you import costs more than £18 then you're liable for
    > > customs charges, many people are lucky and things slip through
    > > but this can't be guaranteed wherever you buy from.

    > Yeah they say that but
    >
    > It's wierd cause last year I got Season 7 DVD at this time for £23.99
    > but didn't have to pay a customs charge nor did I for Season 8 DVD
    > whih was £24.99
    >
    > Work that one out

    Work what out, he's already told you - some things slip through without
    a customs charge.

    Customs & Excise cannot physically check every single parcel coming
    through, it's a logistical impossibility. I've imported dozens of DVD
    boxsets over the last few years, I've been hit with charges on perhaps 1
    in 10.

    --
    Lordy.UK
    Lordy.UK, Dec 24, 2006
  19. mbcUK () wrote:
    : Andy Upton wrote:
    : > Amazon ( USA ) shipped this to me on the 17th December.
    : > Received it this morning ! ( 23rd December ) - I'm in England by the
    : > way ! Now THAT'S what I call fast !

    : Season 9 of what (out of interest) and yes that is fast

    Of course, it's the begining of the bad seasons when the writers didn't
    seem to care about the quality of the show

    Brad
    Brad Filippone, Dec 25, 2006