    is there any way of finding answers to a subject in the 24 help desk without
    having to scroll back through all the previous messages
    john m.

    john marsden, Aug 12, 2003

  2. john marsden

    Bob Guest

    > is there any way of finding answers to a subject in the 24 help desk
    without
    > having to scroll back through all the previous messages

    You're using OE, so why aren't you threading the messages (is this what you
    mean?)?

    Bob, Aug 12, 2003

  3. john marsden

    Ricochet Guest

    What about flag the message..

    Ricochet, Aug 12, 2003
  4. john marsden

    Brian H¹© Guest

    john marsden said:

    > is there any way of finding answers to a subject in the 24 help desk without
    > having to scroll back through all the previous messages
    > john m.

    Yes, do what most everybody else does, don't bother reading past posts for
    answers, just be lazy and post your question and let someone else do the
    research for you.

    You could do a google search, but then why bother, it would mean sifting through
    lazy and post your question and let someone else do the research for you.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 12, 2003
  5. john marsden

    Patrick Guest

    john marsden wrote:
    > is there any way of finding answers to a subject in the 24 help desk
    > without having to scroll back through all the previous messages
    > john m.

    Would not OEs find function be what you want ?
    If so; Edit (menu)>Find> selecting 'Message...' you will have all fields to
    select from.

    Or;

    Messages... Ctrl+Shift+F
    Messages in this Folder... 'Shift+F3
    Find next... F3
    People... Ctrl+E

    Patrick, Aug 12, 2003
  6. john marsden

    Ionizer Guest

    "john marsden" <> wrote in message
    > is there any way of finding answers to a subject in the 24 help desk

    without
    > having to scroll back through all the previous messages
    > john m.

    You don't specifically need to scroll through the messages. In Outlook
    Express: Edit|Find>Message. Type something relevant into the Subject or
    Message field and click the "Find Now" button. Or do a Google Groups
    search:
    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=24hoursupport.helpdesk

    --
    Ian.
    (Now Playing: "I've Been Searchin' So Long" - Chicago.)

    Ionizer, Aug 12, 2003
  7. john marsden

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes, install and use a *real* newsreader - Agent is the best for offline
    reading - and use the 'Global Search' option.

    Agent
    http://www.forteinc.com/

    On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:23:20 +0100, in
    <bham55$qg5$>
    john marsden scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 12, 2003
  8. john marsden

    trout Guest

    Ionizer wrote:

    > "john marsden" <> wrote in message
    >> is there any way of finding answers to a subject in the 24 help desk

    > without
    >> having to scroll back through all the previous messages
    >> john m.
    >>

    > You don't specifically need to scroll through the messages. In
    > Outlook
    > Express: Edit|Find>Message. Type something relevant into the Subject
    > or
    > Message field and click the "Find Now" button. Or do a Google Groups
    > search:

    http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=24hoursupport.helpdesk

    Yes, to all of that. I'd just add the suggestions that if the poster
    is familiar with the newsgroup, he may decide to search by author, if he
    values anyone's particular expertise in a subject; and that it may be
    easier to launch an efficient Google search from:
    "If you'll pardon the intrusion."

    trout, Aug 13, 2003