    letter, then page down or scroll, etc., but I was wondering if there might
    be a way or a tool that would permit search/jumping within the Select list.

    TIA

    Robert, Feb 15, 2004

  2. Robert

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Robert said:

    > I have a Select list in an HTML page that has 2,500 selections. Can't help
    > it, nature of the beast. Do you know if there is a way to do a search/jump
    > within a Select list? I can jump to the first selection via first alpha
    > letter, then page down or scroll, etc., but I was wondering if there might
    > be a way or a tool that would permit search/jumping within the Select list.
    >
    > TIA

    Er yes.

    If you categorise your "list" you can have a section at the top of your page
    that will allow you to jump down to the required section of your page.

    Take a look at my software page to see if this is what *you* are talking about.
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/software/

    Brian H¹©, Feb 15, 2004

  3. Robert

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:31:33 GMT, Robert wrote:

    >I have a Select list in an HTML page that has 2,500 selections. Can't help
    >it, nature of the beast. Do you know if there is a way to do a search/jump

    Then the design is maybe wrong.

    Also try asking in alt.html.

    Then again 22 seconds at www.google.com turned up
    Searched the web for
    html select list
    Results 1 - 10 of about 9,320,000. Search took 0.48 seconds.

    One hit starts off -
    If you have a very large HTML SELECT list, finding the correct item can
    be like looking for a needle in a haystack. For example, if you have a
    list of a couple hundred names, finding a single one can be difficult.

    Can't you subdivide? Some download sites do this sort of thing as a
    script for example.

    OS Version (20)
    Card Model (15 out of 40)
    Card Version (5 out of 10)
    Driver Version (2 out of 2)

    >within a Select list? I can jump to the first selection via first alpha
    >letter, then page down or scroll, etc., but I was wondering if there might

    Break into category section, like online ordering.

    Common Countries listed (1-10)
    ----------- (a divider)
    US States
    ------------(other countries)

    >be a way or a tool that would permit search/jumping within the Select list.
    >
    >TIA

    Me

    why?, Feb 15, 2004