    Do I really have to search one by one? Or can I use some program to
    search for all of them at once and see how often they appear?

    Maybe some sort of indexing software? Thanks for any help!

    Flocab, Jun 1, 2007

  2. Flocab

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "Flocab" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > Does anyone know where I could find a tool that would let me search
    > through a bunch of files for many different terms?
    >
    > I.E. I want to know how many times lots of different words appear in
    > certain documents (like "prunes, pears, plums, peaches..."). I have a
    > long list of the terms I want to search for, and a bunch of documents.
    >
    > Do I really have to search one by one? Or can I use some program to
    > search for all of them at once and see how often they appear?
    >
    > Maybe some sort of indexing software? Thanks for any help!

    Microsoft Word will do that for you. In 'Help' look for 'Find Specific
    Formatting' ( or go to Edit > Find > More ) and enter the text you wish
    to find in the 'Find What' box and select 'Find all word forms'. Having
    just tried it, I think that this is just what you need.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Jun 1, 2007

  3. Flocab