    folder.

    Thanks
    D.

    Dan, Mar 25, 2007

  2. Dan

    Doug G Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > I've not had this happen before.
    > In bookmarks, one of my folders has vanished but if I do a search in the
    > bookmarks search option the individual bookmark will come up but I cannot
    > figure out where that folder resides. It seems the folder has fallen into
    > another folder. Is there a way of finding it without going through every
    > folder.
    >
    > Thanks
    > D.

    If you are using Firefox, try using the "Locate in Bookmark Folders"
    extension.

    Doug G, Mar 25, 2007

  3. Dan

    Andy Luddy Guest

    Dan wrote:
    > I've not had this happen before.
    > In bookmarks, one of my folders has vanished but if I do a search in the
    > bookmarks search option the individual bookmark will come up but I cannot
    > figure out where that folder resides. It seems the folder has fallen into
    > another folder. Is there a way of finding it without going through every
    > folder.
    >
    > Thanks
    > D.

    Another way is to open your bookmarks file as a web page. Use File /
    Open File and navigate to something like C:\Documents and Settings\[user
    name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[random string].default
    * and open bookmarks.html. Then search within the "page" for your
    missing folder. I keep a bookmark to my bookmarks file for occasions
    such as this.

    * path assumes Windows, which of course may not be the case.

    --
    Andy Luddy
    Perform appendectomy to reply

    Andy Luddy, Apr 4, 2007