    add to the network, itis a P233 running win 95, the wireless card says I have
    to have at least win 98, is my best bet to upgrade to win 98 or should I take
    another approach.

    =?Utf-8?B?c29jY2Vycm9ja2Vy?=, Dec 21, 2004

  2. I should add that my intention is to only provide my son w/internet access to
    do his HW from this machine. I was trying to get him an inexpensive way to
    access the internet. Thxs!

    =?Utf-8?B?c29jY2Vycm9ja2Vy?=, Dec 21, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?c29jY2Vycm9ja2Vy?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    i would first check the pc can take a pci card.
    if it is win95 it might be to old and not have pci slots only isa

    wireless will work on win95, but i'd go with your thought of win98, SE pref
    or even do ME.

    what is the machine?

    download and run AIDA32 that will tell you everything

    mike

    mikeFNB, Dec 21, 2004