Searching for files in XP

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Oct 19, 2006.

  1. John

    John Guest

    When you do a search in Windows XP, and say you want to find all the
    music files on your system on all the Hard Drives, is there any way
    you can do the search so that when it is completed and it lists
    everything you will know what the total amount of space taken up by
    those files is?

    At the moment I am in details view and it just lists the sizes for the
    individual files.

    When I am in a regular folder it usually says the size of all the
    files if you select them all, it will show the total number of files
    and their combined size in the bottom left of the display.

    Is there any way you can see the total number of files and their
    combined size from a search?

    Cheers

    John

    John, Oct 19, 2006

  2. John

    Bazzer Smith Guest

    I guess one, possibly not very practical, way would be to copy all the
    files to a folder and then get the size of that folder and then delete the
    folder.
    Also there may be freeware stuff which you could use. I doubt XP will do it
    on the
    grounds that it is shyte.

    Bazzer Smith, Oct 20, 2006