    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 26, 2005

  2. Yes, it exists and works just fine. You need to download all the programs
    and drivers shown on their page for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
    Some are x86 versions, but the underlying drivers are x64.

    I downloaded them and installed on my Ferrari Wednesday. (The NX was, by the
    way, automatically seen and recognized by Windows when I plugged it in.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 26, 2005

  3. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    > You need to download all the programs and drivers shown on their
    > page for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. Some are x86
    > versions, but the underlying drivers are x64.

    I see this:

    Creative USB Sound Blaster series x64 driver 1.00.20.0000

    Creative MediaSource Plugin for Remote Control 2.30.02
    (Haven't installed it yet and it can't be the reason that there's
    no sound)

    Creative MediaSource Plugin for MiniDisc 1.00.58
    (I don't need that)

    Creative MediaSource Plugin for CD Burner 3.10.18
    (Don't need that either)

    Creative MediaSource Go! 3.10.15
    (Can't install it because MediaSource isn't installed)

    Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 3.30.21
    (I never use the MediaSource Player under WinXP x86, so I don't
    think that I need it).

    Creative Basic Audio Suite for Creative Sound Blaster audio devices
    (Haven't installed it, but maybe I should?)

    Where is programs like Creative Graphic Equalizer, Creative Speaker
    Settings, EAX Console and Creative Surround Mixer? Is it part of
    MediaSource, and if yes, where do I find MediaSource because it's
    not on their x64 page.

    > (The NX was, by the way, automatically seen and recognized by
    > Windows when I plugged it in.)

    Same here but no sound no matter what I do with the Microsoft driver.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 26, 2005
  4. Hi,

    I have the Audigy 2, and a different problem. I downloaded those drivers
    (Wayne posted a link on the 22:nd) and removed the current installation,
    when running the new installation it protested that it couldn't find any
    hardware, and terminated, just like the first beta-drivers. Curiously,
    though, the sound and the full functionality that I had before is still
    there. Luckily! I really can't complain, but it makes you wonder.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  5. Inline

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
    > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
    >
    > Creative USB Sound Blaster series x64 driver 1.00.20.0000

    Required, obviously

    > Creative MediaSource Plugin for Remote Control 2.30.02
    > (Haven't installed it yet and it can't be the reason that there's
    > no sound)

    Didn't install this, don't use a remote

    > Creative MediaSource Plugin for MiniDisc 1.00.58
    > (I don't need that)

    Neither do I

    > Creative MediaSource Plugin for CD Burner 3.10.18
    > (Don't need that either)

    I installed it anyway. Though I mostly use either Nero or Alex Feinman's
    excellent little ISO Recorder.

    > Creative MediaSource Go! 3.10.15
    > (Can't install it because MediaSource isn't installed)

    Installed. Not sure why, I'll probably never use it.

    > Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 3.30.21
    > (I never use the MediaSource Player under WinXP x86, so I don't
    > think that I need it).

    Installed. Again, I doubt I'll much use it, but didn't want to risk missing
    a critical piece to get it all to work.

    > Creative Basic Audio Suite for Creative Sound Blaster audio devices
    > (Haven't installed it, but maybe I should?)

    Yes, this one you definitely need -- it includes the speaker settings, EAX
    console, etc.

    > Where is programs like Creative Graphic Equalizer, Creative Speaker
    > Settings, EAX Console and Creative Surround Mixer? Is it part of
    > MediaSource, and if yes, where do I find MediaSource because it's
    > not on their x64 page.

    See above. They're part of the Basic Audio Suite

    >> (The NX was, by the way, automatically seen and recognized by
    >> Windows when I plugged it in.)

    > Same here but no sound no matter what I do with the Microsoft driver.

    Don't know, since I immediately turned around and installed the other stuff.
    And it then just worked.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 27, 2005
  6. I got curious, and poked around in there a bit, and here's what happened:
    The file that contains the MediaSource software is in
    CMS_PCAPP_LB_3_30_21.exe.
    That installed just fine here, a minute ago. I then installed
    CMS_GO_PCAPP_LB_3_10_15.exe, which is the Go part and that installed fine as
    well. I then installed AudCon_PCApp_LB_1_20_22.exe, and then the machine
    re-booted right in the middle of the first version of this here masterpeice.
    No matter - I can do it again, and now that we're all back in place I find
    the Go thing at the top of my screen. So, apparently it's a question of
    doing it in the correct sequence. Hope it works for you too, I am going to
    listen now.

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  7. Tony Sperling wrote:

    > The file that contains the MediaSource software is in
    > CMS_PCAPP_LB_3_30_21.exe.

    Thanks.

    > That installed just fine here, a minute ago.

    Same here.

    > I then installed AudCon_PCApp_LB_1_20_22.exe, and then the
    > machine re-booted right in the middle of the first version of
    > this here masterpeice.

    AudCon_PCApp_LB_1_20_22.exe? Where have you found that?

    This is what I currently have installed:

    Creative USB Sound Blaster series x64 driver 1.00.20.0000
    Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 3.30.21
    Creative MediaSource Go! 3.10.15
    Creative MediaSource Plugin for Remote Control 2.30.02
    Creative Basic Audio Suite for Creative Sound Blaster audio devices

    It seems that the Basic Audio Suite did the trick because I now
    have sound and everything seems to work just fine. I just miss
    the Creative Graphic Equalizer (it's called CTEQ.exe on my WinXP
    x86 installation and it's available in MediaSource Go).

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 27, 2005
  8. I got it all from the link that Wayne posted on the 22:nd - however, I seem
    to have overlooked the EQ myself, going back there later. As I recollect,
    the page is a little disordered, different people will need different
    things, and the things you will look for is rather widely spread.
    Glad it's coming together, though. What I particularly like is the streaming
    recording facility, it just picks up whatever your card is processing at the
    moment - that is brilliant! No more fiddling with URL's.

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  9. And, do note - my card is the regular Audigy 2 - some stuff may not be cross
    compatible with yours!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  10. Tony Sperling wrote:

    > I got it all from the link that Wayne posted on the 22:nd

    Hmm, I can't seem to find that link from Wayne but I'm going
    through: <http://dk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/>
    where I pick Sound Blaster -> Audigy 2 -> Audigy 2 NX -> Next
    -> English -> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition > All.

    It gives me a page with the following software:
    <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/creative/audigy2/nx/x64/downloads.pdf>.
    No AudCon_PCApp_LB_1_20_22.exe as far as I can see and no
    Creative Mixer either.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 27, 2005
  11. I'll go shoping for the weekend now. Be back later with that link and we can
    double-check.

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  12. Thomas G. Madsen

    John Barnes Guest

    Unfortunately that sounds like a step backward for me. When I was using it,
    before an update made everything unusable (after the update every program
    said I didn't have the correct card installed) I loved the fact that it
    didn't 'record' blank spaces when the player was buffering. When you live
    in a rural area, there is a great deal of buffering and it was nice to have
    a recording that didn't require me to go back and edit out the silent times.

    John Barnes, Aug 27, 2005
  13. I think you're right, Thomas - I had a look at that link, and it does seem
    to indicate that you have to dig deeper to get to your specific product, as
    far as I can see, you should have everything in place already. It turned out
    I found my EQ in the control-panel applet, and things are rather different
    across the product-line. Anyhow, here's the link:

    http://us.creative.com/support/down...t_Name=Audigy 2 ZS Platinum&OSName=Windows XP

    it will take you to a license agreement where there's a link to search for
    your specific hardware. I think whatever you may think you miss, is really
    there, you just need to find it. Probably.

    So long.

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  14. Of course, every medal has a back-side to it. But typing in URL's wouldn't
    relieve you of the buffering, or??? Back when I was young and beautiful -
    I'm no longer quite that young - I did a lot of collages, I pride myself in
    thinking I developed some sort of talent for it - at least the activity used
    to please me, and I would like to pick up on it again, and more, by way of
    sound, so I like the idea that you can let yourself be inspired by the
    moment and just hit the record button when you hear something that triggers
    something. . .and whatever you're listening to, you still have the free will
    to record something totally other.

    What I now have to figure out is if this recording facility has some sort of
    layering ability like the advanced drawing app's? I may not need it, it's
    just the way I think about how to solve that problem. An advanced 'wave
    editor' may prove much more useful in the end.

    Greetings, Tony. . .

    >>> Madsen

    Tony Sperling, Aug 27, 2005
  15. Tony Sperling wrote:

    > I think whatever you may think you miss, is really there, you
    > just need to find it. Probably.

    Thanks Tony.
    I have searched for hours now but haven't found the mixer yet so I
    give up for now, but will try again tomorrow.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 27, 2005
  16. Thomas G. Madsen wrote:

    > I have searched for hours now but haven't found the mixer yet so I
    > give up for now, but will try again tomorrow.

    This is strange.

    I have an Equalizer button in MediaSource Player, but when I click
    on it, a message says that it can't be found, and now everything
    from Creatives site regarding Audigy2 NX for WinXP x64 is installed.

    Do you have the equalizer, Charlie Russel?

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 28, 2005
  17. I found mine in the Control Panel. The 'Audio Control Panel' applet has a
    'tab' for an EQ that at least seem functional. Otherwise, I have the same
    behavior as you - no EQ from the player.

    This may not be fully implemented yet, as it is an early release. Look out
    for updates!

    Tony Sperling, Aug 28, 2005
  18. Tony Sperling wrote:

    > I found mine in the Control Panel. The 'Audio Control Panel'
    > applet has a 'tab' for an EQ that at least seem functional.

    I don't have an 'Audio Control Panel' in my Control Panel.

    I have a 'Device Control' applet under 'View x86 Control Panel
    Icons' but there's nothing regarding an equalizer in there.

    > Otherwise, I have the same behavior as you - no EQ from the
    > player.

    Okay.

    > This may not be fully implemented yet, as it is an early
    > release. Look out for updates!

    I will. :)

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 28, 2005
  19. Tony Sperling wrote:

    > So, no Audio Control Panel, eh!

    Nope.

    > Well, this is how it WOULD look.

    I don't have it unfortunately.
    <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/winxp64/control_panel.gif>.

    > Anyhow, thanks for making the original post, Thomas. Without it
    > I would still be sitting here next week thinking I was stranded
    > with a bunch of dysfunctional install files. That is - if there
    > is still anything left to sit on.

    LOL. :)

    You're welcome and thanks for your help too.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, Aug 28, 2005
  20. if you mean the mixer, no, I don't. It's a "can't be found". OTOH, since I
    never used it, I hadn't noticed it missing. The EAX console is there, and
    appears to work. But not the mixer. There are clearly a few pieces of
    software still missing. OTOH, it works, which is what I really needed, so I
    guess we just need to be patient for the other pieces.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 28, 2005