Searching for classical music

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Keyser Söze, Mar 10, 2009.

  1. Keyser Söze

    Keyser Söze Guest

    OK, there are criteria which can be used to search most things, providing
    you have a lead or two related to what it is you're searching for ('even
    pictures) - that's a given.

    But what if you are (or maybe not) farmiliar with a piece of classical
    music; Where do you begin looking, or define your search with nothing other
    than part of the score to go on?

    If you know how to read and write music there would be the possibility
    someone could program a search facility enabling you to enter in part of the
    score, I suppose.

    But how could it be done with /nothing/, without asking on a NG, forum,
    'friends' etc?

    Surely there must be a way - any takers? Perhaps I'll ask Google to work on
    it.

    NB. Whatever you do, don't ask what you think are 'friends' to send a piece
    of classical music to you because you'll only receive a file entitled the
    name of the piece, open it, and be confronted with anal pr0n and be glad
    your wife isn't still standing behind you, where she was literally seconds
    before!! <cold sweat recollection - shudders>

    --
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
    an understanding of ourselves. Jung

    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 10, 2009

  2. Keyser Söze

    G. Morgan Guest

    Keyser Söze wrote:

    >OK, there are criteria which can be used to search most things, providing
    >you have a lead or two related to what it is you're searching for ('even
    >pictures) - that's a given.
    >
    >But what if you are (or maybe not) farmiliar with a piece of classical
    >music; Where do you begin looking, or define your search with nothing other
    >than part of the score to go on?

    Sing it:
    http://www.midomi.com/

    Tap it:
    http://www.bored.com/songtapper/
    G. Morgan, Mar 10, 2009

  3. Keyser Söze

    Keyser Söze Guest

    G. Morgan <> wrote in message

    > Keyser Söze wrote:
    >
    >> OK, there are criteria which can be used to search most things,
    >> providing you have a lead or two related to what it is you're
    >> searching for ('even pictures) - that's a given.
    >>
    >> But what if you are (or maybe not) farmiliar with a piece of
    >> classical music; Where do you begin looking, or define your search
    >> with nothing other than part of the score to go on?

    > Sing it:
    > http://www.midomi.com/
    >
    > Tap it:
    > http://www.bored.com/songtapper/