    results?
    XP SP2, btw.
    Many thanks.
    Yuns, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Yuns

    Wizard Guest

    Set folder options to view all files (unhide & System)

    Wizard, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Yuns

    Thor Guest

    first make sure you have hidden and system files set to be visible, or else
    whatever you look for won't show up in the search if it's a hidden or system
    file. Click "tools" then "folder options", then click the "view" tab. Scroll
    down the list and uncheck the "hide protected operating system files" and
    check the "show hidden files and folders". Click apply, then go back and do
    your files search, making sure to check the advanced search options and set
    it to search within system folders, and hidden files and folders.

    Thor, Mar 2, 2005
  4. Yuns

    Yuns Guest

    Those were already set to show all files, I unchecked, rechecked, and
    restarted. No luck.

    Yuns, Mar 2, 2005
  5. Yuns

    Thor Guest

    Make sure you also set the file search's advanced settings to look in
    hidden/system folders, or how about just using windows explorer to navigate
    to the system32 folder, then look for the file manually. It should be there.
    It's a windows system file.

    Thor, Mar 2, 2005
  6. Yuns

    Yuns Guest

    The advvanced options did it. Thanks!

    Yuns, Mar 2, 2005
  7. Wizard, <>, the mushy, worthless gudgeon, and errand boy,
    lectured:

    > Set folder options to view all files (unhide & System)

    Abuse report sent.
    Alfons Kisiurys, Mar 4, 2005