    inside of a directory?

    Thank you for your help

    Philip

    Philip, Oct 3, 2004

  2. Philip

    why? Guest

    On 2 Oct 2004 23:36:46 -0700, Philip wrote:

    >I would like to create a series of web pages for my local machine that
    >is searchable when I am not connected to the internet.
    >
    >I have no experience with html and did not know what tools are
    >availiable to do this.

    What does HTML have to do with anything? Is it the contents or the HTML
    you want to index.

    Use keywords and description fields, and a text editor.

    Copernic desktop search.

    >Does google have some tools that can search recursively all html files
    >inside of a directory?

    Would the be for any particular OS?

    Non-recursive, but you could find a batch file tutorial for it.
    Windows / DOS command line find.

    Linux/UNIX grep, awk or sed , emacs etc.

    If Windows, 2000/XP doesn't the finction - allow indexing service to
    index disk do anything?

    A text editor like UltraEdit.

    Perl or one of many other scripting tools often have search tools that
    themselves are webpage based, or you can find some cgi to do it fo you.

    www.google.com
    www.simtel.net
    www.tucows.com

    why?, Oct 3, 2004

  3. Philip

    °Mike° Guest

    Please explain clearly exactly what it is that you
    are trying to achieve; your post makes no sense.

    On 2 Oct 2004 23:36:46 -0700, in
    <>
    Philip scrawled:

    --