    Have I corrupted Works in some way?'

    If anyone can help please email me at the below address.
    Rod

    Rod, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Rod

    SNOman Guest

    Rod wrote:
    > I've a friend with the following search problem which I quote verbatim:
    >
    > 'Anyone out there who can help me please ?
    > When searching for files I can find them all except for
    > Works 6. I've tried *.wps still without success.
    > However the files are there and I can use them through the history index in Works and through Windows Explorer.
    > While I'm on about Works I can't find how to delete a page break. The help files don't seem to cover the query.
    > Have I corrupted Works in some way?'
    >
    > If anyone can help please email me at the below address.
    > Rod

    You'll probably find that it's something to do with a filter component
    not being registered properly.

    I had a problem recently where when trying to search for text strings in
    files it would not show some files that definitely contained a valid string.

    Turned out my problem was this

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309173

    Your's may be something similar.

    SNOman, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Rod

    John S. Guest

    "Rod" <> wrote:

    >While I'm on about Works I can't find how to delete a page break. The help files don't seem to cover the query.
    >Have I corrupted Works in some way?'

    A page break (ctrl + Enter) behaves like any other character
    entered from the keyboard and can be deleted in the same way.

    If you tap the backspace key, for example immediately after
    entering the page break, it will be deleted.

    If you can see the page break, just try to click on it. The
    "blinker' will go as close as it can; then tap the Delete key.

    If you can't see the page break, turn on the "show all
    characters" button on the toolbar ΒΆ - looks like a backwards p.

    If for some reason you still can't see the page break, put the
    blinker at the bottom of page 1 and move the blinker one
    character at a time with the right arrow key on the keyboard
    until it jumps to the top of page 2, then move back one character
    with the left arrow key and tap the Delete key.

    Hope one of these suggestions does the trick.

    Cheers, John S.

    John S., Oct 21, 2003