    but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
    search and ID an unknown photo

    http://www.tineye.com/

    philo, May 7, 2012

  2. philo

    me Guest

    On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    >Very possible everyone knows about this
    >
    >but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
    >search and ID an unknown photo
    >
    >http://www.tineye.com/

    You can do the same with Google Images.

    me, May 7, 2012

  3. philo

    philo Guest

    On 05/07/2012 04:23 PM, me wrote:
    > On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo<> wrote:
    >> Very possible everyone knows about this
    >>
    >> but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
    >> search and ID an unknown photo
    >>
    >> http://www.tineye.com/

    > You can do the same with Google Images.

    Dang, how dumb can I get...I never knew that.

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo, May 8, 2012
  4. me <> writes:

    > On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    >>Very possible everyone knows about this
    >>
    >>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
    >>search and ID an unknown photo
    >>
    >>http://www.tineye.com/

    > You can do the same with Google Images.

    You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
    string, not a URL to an existing photo.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
    Dragaera: http://dragaera.info

    David Dyer-Bennet, May 8, 2012
  5. philo

    RichA Guest

    Re: search photo archives TinEye

    On May 8, 10:56 am, David Dyer-Bennet <> wrote:
    > me <> writes:
    > > On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    > >>Very possible everyone knows about this

    > >>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
    > >>search and ID an unknown photo

    > >>http://www.tineye.com/

    > > You can do the same with Google Images.

    > You can?  Where and how?  Google image search seems to take a text
    > string, not a URL to an existing photo.
    > --

    What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
    off?

    RichA, May 8, 2012
  6. Re: search photo archives TinEye

    RichA <> writes:

    > On May 8, 10:56 am, David Dyer-Bennet <> wrote:
    >> me <> writes:

    >> > You can do the same with Google Images.

    >> You can?  Where and how?  Google image search seems to take a text
    >> string, not a URL to an existing photo.

    > What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
    > off?

    To satisfy curiosity, and to make it easier to trace history. If those
    things don't interest you, and no other use comes to mind, feel free to
    not use it!

    David Dyer-Bennet, May 8, 2012
  7. philo

    me Guest

    On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:56:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <>
    wrote:

    >me <> writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 07 May 2012 10:12:23 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    >>>Very possible everyone knows about this
    >>>
    >>>but I just found out yesterday. Always thought there should be a way to
    >>>search and ID an unknown photo
    >>>
    >>>http://www.tineye.com/

    >> You can do the same with Google Images.

    >You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
    >string, not a URL to an existing photo.

    Click the little blue camera in the right of the search box to open
    the dialog box to search by an image url or upload an image to search
    for.

    me, May 8, 2012
  8. philo

    Mike Guest

    Mike, May 8, 2012
  9. me <> writes:

    > On Tue, 08 May 2012 09:56:37 -0500, David Dyer-Bennet <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>me <> writes:

    >>> You can do the same with Google Images.

    >>You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
    >>string, not a URL to an existing photo.

    > Click the little blue camera in the right of the search box to open
    > the dialog box to search by an image url or upload an image to search
    > for.

    Thanks, needed that level of detail!

    David Dyer-Bennet, May 8, 2012
  10. philo

    philo Guest

    On 5/8/2012 11:55 AM, RichA wrote:
    > On May 8, 10:56 am, David Dyer-Bennet<> wrote:
    >> me<> writes:

    >>> You can do the same with Google Images.

    >> You can? Where and how? Google image search seems to take a text
    >> string, not a URL to an existing photo.
    >> --

    > What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
    > off?

    I found a Youtube video that was comprised of unidentified still pictures.

    I grabbed one off the video but had no way to ID it.

    When I asked for help, someone immediately gave me an answer
    and told me they used TinEye

    the photo was of Josephine Baker

    http://www.tineye.com/search/0591046733ed8792be443a96f978ad2c8e3390b4/

    an amazing photo

    now I am trying to find out if it came from a movie and if so which one.
    Also trying to see if there is an archive somewhere that will sell a
    hi-res image

    philo, May 8, 2012
  11. Re: search photo archives TinEye

    In article <2012050810224050073-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    >On 2012-05-08 09:55:14 -0700, RichA <> said:

    >>> You can?  Where and how?  Google image search seems to take a text
    >>> string, not a URL to an existing photo.
    >>> --

    >> What is the point of this site, to see if someone ripped your image
    >> off?

    >...or perhaps to check and see if your work might be in some sort of
    >creative concept conflict.
    >
    >TinEye is occasionally useful for finding copyright infringements,
    >Google less so.
    >Using Google Image Search can be useful for asking those "where the
    >Hell is that place?" or "who is that?" type questions.
    >
    >--
    >Regards,
    >
    >Savageduck

    It's been an interesting thread. Tineye doesn't seem to have a very
    big database (ie: my photo's not in there :), but on google, I find one
    of my photos turning up in a lot of places, including one site that wants
    to download it as a screensaver!

    --
    ------
    columbiaclosings.com