    When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens.
    I have Agent Ransack installed - would that have done this?

    Thanks
    rifleman, Nov 5, 2003

  2. rifleman

    Graham Guest

    Forgive me for seeming rude but why dont you try removing that program and
    post back if you see a difference :)

    Graham, Nov 5, 2003

  3. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    Nothing rude about that!
    Just asking whether anyone else had noticed that before I remove it!

    rifleman, Nov 5, 2003
  4. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    Didn't work anyway......

    rifleman, Nov 5, 2003
  5. rifleman

    Steven Guest

    "When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens"

    whats new nothing works on xp ;-) and when i remove a dvd drive to put into
    another system it goes totally slow , think ill just stick to 98 :p

    Steven, Nov 5, 2003
  6. rifleman

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, rifleman mused:

    | When I click on Start-Search, nothing happens.
    | I have Agent Ransack installed - would that have done this?

    Have you run EasyCleaner on your registry by chance? If so, this will
    wipe out Help and Support in XP. You need to add "Help" to your exclude
    section next to "Norton" (norton, help). As far as getting it back ... you
    can use System Restore, or go here:

    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/fix_windows_xp_help.htm
    mhicaoidh, Nov 5, 2003
  7. rifleman

    rifleman Guest

    No I haven't used a Registry cleaner, and Help and Support works! It's just
    Search that doesn't.

    rifleman, Nov 5, 2003